Windows Backup Utility

Mast3rpyr0

I like it like this...

$inpSrcz = GUICtrlCreateList("", 75, 110, 250, 100, $LBS_STANDARD , $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) ;Create an input for the Source of files to backup.
    GUICtrlSetState($inpSrcz, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED);must be under $inpSrcz = GUICtrlCreateList

This changes the input to a list box and allows files and folders from more than one folder at a time... Also, it looks good I think. According to the helpfile this should allow drag and drop files into the list box.. not sure why it is not working...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it like this...

$inpSrcz = GUICtrlCreateList("", 75, 110, 250, 100, $LBS_STANDARD , $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) ;Create an input for the Source of files to backup.
    GUICtrlSetState($inpSrcz, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED);must be under $inpSrcz = GUICtrlCreateList

This changes the input to a list box and allows files and folders from more than one folder at a time... Also, it looks good I think. According to the helpfile this should allow drag and drop files into the list box.. not sure why it is not working...

As far as reducing pictures go (if that's your bag), you can use Photoshop, load your photo --> Mode --> Indexed Color --> Palette = Local (selective) --> Forced (none) --> NO transparency --> Dither (none) --> and then reduce the colors from 255 to 0 until it hurts :)

Photofilter (which is free) also does something similar although with less finesse. http://photofiltre.free.fr/

After that you can save a gif and use a program like "gifopt1.0" to remove all useless headers.

Or the online version (one of them!) http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/

If you use GUICtrlCreateGraphic you'll see it accepts Gifs and Png (I suspect this is related to Internet Explorer). In your case BTW, I would also try JPG, and then strip all the headers with a program called stripper (in google type "stripper jpg" without the quotes)

I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic circuit using stone knives and bearskins.SpockMy UDFs:Deleted - they were old and I'm lazy ... :)My utilities:Comment stripperPolicy lister 1.07AutoIT Speed Tester (new!)

Thanks for that input Celeri, but we are discussing setting up the input to accept drag and drop.

Here is what I have found that works as far as accepting the drag and drop.

;Here is what allows the edit box to accept drag and drop...
$mainWindow = GUICreate(" Mast3rpyr0's Backup Utility", 400,300, @DesktopWidth/2-160, @DesktopHeight/2-45, -1, 0x00000018); WS_EX_ACCEPTFILESoÝ÷ Ù«­¢+Øí!ÉÝÕ͸¥Ð½à¹ÍнÈɽÁÁѸ¸¸(ÀÌØí¥¹ÁMÉèôU%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ%¹ÁÕÐ ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÜÔ°ÄÄÀ°ÈÔÀ¤)U%
ÑɱMÑMÑÑ ´Ä°ÀÌØíU%}I=A

AQ¤

The problem I am seeing is that when you run the code on there now you seem to have a terrible loop.. LOL it doesn'r want to shut off..

ya did you get that loop too that keeps asking for destination folder? thats what i came asking in here for. i guess its not important but it'd be a nice feature.

I think i may start a new project in a minute. not a big one though so ill still develop this.

Hi Great utility just what i have been looking for.

The only thing is when I run it from the exe or compile a new one with the code my backups are in a loop?

Everything copys fine and I get the complete message then the process start to copy again and just loops.

any ideas?

ah i know exactly why it does that, its because if you allow it to do both quick and select it will do quick then select then go back to quick again. should i remove the feature?\

In my opinion I think I would rather have to run the app twice to do both rather than have the loop... I bet one of the really heavy hitters like gafrostor or daleholm could tell us how to fix it. Not to say that U are not a heavy hitter cause U are in my books. These guys just seem to come to th rescue when we really need em.. LOL

Great job.

Just 3 suggestions :

- Add an option to mémorize the last state of the choices.

- Add an command line option or a checkbox for a timer to launch the tool automaticaly.

- Add an option to save a list of directory/files (A tab list by sample, or a filelist.txt).

Best Regards.Thierry

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is any use to you, this is my simple solution for burning a CD from a script, a lot of it is hard coded because, for example, my CD drive ain't going to move!

Have included details of createcd program in blurb at top of program.

CODE
;Directory Burner Script

;Author Steve Fisher

;Simple script to select a directory and burn to CD.

;Requires CreateCD.exe Command-line CD Recording utility for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Alex Feinman

;Current Version 1.00.133

;http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/CreateCD.htm

$dir = FileSelectFolder("Choose a folder.", @DesktopDir)

$str="c:\CreateCD.exe" & " -r:e " & chr(34) & $dir & "\*.*" & chr(34) & " -eject"

if $dir <> "" Then

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $str, "", @SW_SHOW)

EndIf

Edited by xircon

• 6 months later...