Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryantollefson

Send command to non-active window?

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to send key-presses to a Media Center window, but I don't want to activate the window. I know ControlSend can do this, but the Media Center window doesn't have a controlID. I have tried ControlSend with a blank controlID, but this doesn't work. Ex. of what I've tried:

ControlSend("[Class:eHome Render Window]","","", "{BS}")

Any ideas?

...Ex. of what I've tried:

ControlSend("[Class:eHome Render Window]","","", "{BS}")

Any ideas?

Is that the window title?

[Class:eHome Render Window]

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

I don't remember where i got this, but i'm gonna attatch it. Look at the functions in it, they're good for sending to minimized windows

~cdkid

minimizefuncs.au3

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

And herewasplato that is the class of the window... You can use the class instead of the title, which I have to do in this case because right as Media Center is opened it has a different window with the same title name, but a different class - by selecting the class, I can be sure that I am selecting the correct window.

And herewasplato that is the class of the window... You can use the class instead of the title, which I have to do in this case because right as Media Center is opened it has a different window with the same title name, but a different class - by selecting the class, I can be sure that I am selecting the correct window.

Thanks for the reminder of that - I vaguely remembered something about doing that, but could not locate it in the help file. I finally found it under Advanced Window Descriptions.

Senility - ain't it great!?

-MSP-

Make sure you set the WinTitleMatchMode to allow you to use the class :)

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)oÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍÜ
    ][ÝÕÚ[]SX]Ú[ÙI][ÝËM

:-)