Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mary

share variable between multi-process

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi !

is it possible to share a global variable with many process without using registry, ini or an envirement variable?

maybe the fast solution is to allocate a memory space for the shared variable and give its pointer as a commandLine for each process... but i don't know how to do this with autoit :)

thinks for any help or any other fast solution.

Edited by mary

Search for memory read functions (in themes about DRMs i think). If you dont find it i search my hdd and upload it tommorow because i dont remember the link.

Search for memory read functions (in themes about DRMs i think). If you dont find it i search my hdd and upload it tommorow because i dont remember the link.

I do so but it seems that there is no possibility to send a variable pointer as a commandline argument. anyway thinks for your help

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Meabye noob thinking but i think you may create a hidden gui with the variable in title :) Or hange title of actual window. what you think about that ?

EDIT:

sory for my bad english. ;)

Edited by Uriziel01

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

I found solution !

$var = ControlGetText("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1")

its read the control form other window! Just create a control with the variable and make it hidden :) bad idea? What you think?

EDIT:

Sory for double post ;) ;)

Edited by Uriziel01

Why not use envirement variable? I don't understand. That seems to be exactly what you want.

OR

Why not just read the memory (in ram) like a trainer does with games.

I found solution !

$var = ControlGetText("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1")

its read the control form other window! Just create a control with the variable and make it hidden smile.gif bad idea? What you think?

EDIT:

Sory for double post sad.gif sad.gif

it is an idea but not fast or better than registry solution

Why not use envirement variable? I don't understand. That seems to be exactly what you want.

OR

Why not just read the memory (in ram) like a trainer does with games.

A environment variable set in this way will only be accessible to programs that AutoIt spawns (Run, RunWait). Once AutoIt closes, the variables will cease to exist.

read memory ? yes but you can't set a variable in ram without a given host process