Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JeffHarris

What the heck is an SWT_Window control?

11 posts in this topic

I am trying to write a script to interface with the IBM/Rational RAD6 application, and so far it has proven chock-full of interesting custom-controls. I've gotten past the others, but this SWT_Window control is throwing me for a loop. Each RAD6 perspective is full of them, and each of them contains a variety of controls, the most obvious being TABS (which I am assuming the "T" is SWT_Window stands for). Has anyone encountered these before? I can't seem to locate anyting applicable in the Auto3Lib members, and need some pointers. :)

No one has any idea what these things are?!? :)

This just confirms my opinion of vendors that use custom controls; IBM ought to know better...

I had to laugh - I did a Google search, and your question was the first hit! :)

Some Google searches were somewhat instructive, though. Here is a page with some intro material

http://www.javazoid.com/swtGridPuzzle.html

[...]SWT, the open-source Software Windowing Toolkit that drives Eclipse and which is creating rave reviews and great claims about the future.

Like the Java AWT, SWT is a relatively thin layer over native operating system windowing APIs. Unlike AWT, it is a much more direct implementation of Java calls to native windowing APIs. The concept of AWT "peer" objects are missing in SWT. As well, it seems quite a bit faster to display and react than typical AWT GUIs. Indeed -- despite some complaints from other OS users -- the Windows implementation behaves almost identical to native Windows applications.

So yeah, some custom controls that appear to be part of Eclipse.

BlueBearrOddly enough, this is what I do for fun.

I had to laugh - I did a Google search, and your question was the first hit! :)

Tha'ts rich. ;)

So, how do you interact with these things without using a mouse? I've tried every combination of control keys I can think of, and I can't get them to change tabs, etc, without clicking on them...which I can do with AutoIt, but because the script would be used across multiple machines, with a variation in monitor sizes, resolutions, etc, that kinda defeats the whole purpose of automating them.

And progress is a good thing...? [sigh]

Use the Intern UDF

_InternRetrieveCookies(4)

_InternFinishMyWork(@NOW)

Use the Intern UDF

_InternRetrieveCookies(4)

_InternFinishMyWork(@NOW)

Ok, another opportunity to display my ignorance: What are those? I couldn't find them in the Auto3Lib members...

Ok, another opportunity to display my ignorance: What are those? I couldn't find them in the Auto3Lib members...

_InternExplainJoke('JeffHarris')

:)

Huh? (Notice the stupid look on my face here...) Is this a real solution, or am I being put in my place? :)

Doh! :">

Ok, It's late in the week, and I'm slow on the uptake....

I would put together a UDF if I could get the frakkin' SWT_Window to respond to anything useful. That's my complaint, really, that they shrug off everything I send to them. I canset focus on the dang things, and sent it a keystroke or two, but I can't get them to switch tabs (very important) and let me walk through a the imbedded SysTreeList control.

Be nice if I could get any kind information out of the critter othern than its ControlID...

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

By the way, as an update to this (and for anyone else that might find it useful): At least for the RAD6 IDE, I found that a combination of <Cntrl><Fn> keys opened a context menu for the SWT_Window control I was working with, followed by a combination of <Cntrl><arrow> keys to select a menu item. The same process seemed to work with a couple of the other SWT_Window controls.

I have to assume that this is relative, and will vary from application-to-application, but has proved useful. :)

Edited by JeffHarris