SP2 firewall

MattX

It will need disabled as well or it will come back after rebooting.

Use:

sc.exe config "Name of service" start= disabled

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many thanks - I'll add it to my script I have used to install WinVNC.

If winvnc is the only application that the firewall affects, you could simply add TCP ports 5800 and 5900 to the exceptions list instead of completely disabling the firewall. http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/CyberSlug/allowvnc.au3

Otherwise--depending on your needs and setup--you could have the user initiate an outbound vnc connection to a computer that is running "vncviewer -listen"

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

If winvnc is the only application that the firewall affects, you could simply add TCP ports 5800 and 5900 to the exceptions list instead of completely disabling the firewall.  http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/CyberSlug/allowvnc.au3

Otherwise--depending on your needs and setup--you could have the user initiate an outbound vnc connection to a computer that is running "vncviewer -listen"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that - thing is the network I'm looking after is already behind a firewall and in general the Windows Firewall is getting in the way in regards to some of the other applications I have installed or are going to install so it will be easier just to turn the whole thing off.

I have checked the group policy for the devices on the network but as usual MS have swamped the options in controlling the firewall. As I am visiting each device to install WinVNC and a few other apps [ which are now scripted ] I will just disable the thing.

The script you have done looks great so may use it for future reference.