ip changer

"how to change your ip"

this works for me and its simmple but can it be done with out turnning off my routers and computer.

if so then could i script a bot or a gui to automate this.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/i...e-my-ip-address

Windows (second option) - Computer connected directly to the modem

1. Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).

2. Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes).

3. Shut down computer.

4. Turn off computer.

5. Turn off all ethernet hubs/switches.

6. Turn off cable/DSL modem.

7. Leave off overnight.

8. Turn everything back on.

Who is your ISP? This won't work with Time Warner

epix.net (ISP)

I am using speed stream adsl modem with a lynksy whireless router.

realy i just want a new ip to try and hide from people well playing online games like warcraft3.

Is there a faster way to get a new ip or do i just have to stick with this simple shut down process.

I may need a new ip every 10 mins...

Changing your IP number is entirely dependent upon your ISP.

In this area, at least, the cable provider assigns the IP# to each modem. Period. The DSL (phone) provider assigns them with each reconnection, regardless of whether the connection is done through their modem or done through the PC itself.

If your ISP allows dynamic reassignment, you probably have some type of log-in to negotiate (PPPoE). You could look into forcing a disconnection and re-running the login software to get a new IP.

So, in a nutshell, the only IP# that you can easily try to have reassigned is that which is provided by your local network (router); the 192.168... number. For that, you just need to do a RunWait("ipconfig /release") and a RunWait("ipconfig /renew"). Even with that, the router will probably reassign you the same IP# on its network...but you could check.

Edit -- the page you linked to keeps saying to "leave it off overnight". That's faulty advice because, like I said, many ISPs will just give you your IP immediately ... different or not.

You're probably better off googling the subject of "IP spoofing".

Edited by Xander

Changing your IP number is entirely dependent upon your ISP.

In this area, at least, the cable provider assigns the IP# to each modem. Period. The DSL (phone) provider assigns them with each reconnection, regardless of whether the connection is done through their modem or done through the PC itself.

If your ISP allows dynamic reassignment, you probably have some type of log-in to negotiate (PPPoE). You could look into forcing a disconnection and re-running the login software to get a new IP.

So, in a nutshell, the only IP# that you can easily try to have reassigned is that which is provided by your local network (router); the 192.168... number. For that, you just need to do a RunWait("ipconfig /release") and a RunWait("ipconfig /renew"). Even with that, the router will probably reassign you the same IP# on its network...but you could check.

Edit -- the page you linked to keeps saying to "leave it off overnight". That's faulty advice because, like I said, many ISPs will just give you your IP immediately ... different or not.

You're probably better off googling the subject of "IP spoofing".

varry help full..

when i logginto my router all i got to do is click dissconnect and it will reconnect automaticly with a new ip...varry simmple easy and fast.... thanks for your help

"leave it off overnight". That's faulty advice

yes that is faulty...

• 5 years later...

"how to change your ip"

this works for me and its simmple but can it be done with out turnning off my routers and computer.

if so then could i script a bot or a gui to automate this.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/i...e-my-ip-address

Windows (second option) - Computer connected directly to the modem

1. Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).

2. Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes).

3. Shut down computer.

4. Turn off computer.

5. Turn off all ethernet hubs/switches.

6. Turn off cable/DSL modem.

7. Leave off overnight.

8. Turn everything back on.

Nice tip i followed it and changed my ip address successfully ..After chaging my ip address i visited sites like Ip-Details.com to check that whether my ip address is changed or not ...

• Moderators

jeeva,

You do realise that the post above yours is 6 years old? :o

Please do not necro-post like this again. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area