Sudoku logic help

I am having trouble with a func in my sudoku solver. Here is a description of wat it should do:

Sometimes a candidate within a row or column is restricted to one box. Since one of these cells must contain that specific candidate, the candidate can safely be excluded from the remaining cells in the box.

In the example on the right, the left column has candidate 9's only in the middle box. Therefore, since one of these cells must be a 9 (otherwise the column would be without a 9), 9's can safely be excluded from all cells in this middle box except those in the left column.

CODE

Global $possibilities[10][10][10] ;[row][column][number] 1 = applicable 0 or "" = not

Func _lockedcandidatecolumn($column)

Local $row[3]

For $d = 1 To 9 ;number

For $l = 1 To 9 ;row

If $possibilities[$l][$column][$d] = 1 Then

Select ;gets rows of three candidates

Case $row[1] <> ""

$row[2] = $l

MsgBox (0, $row[1], $row[2])

If $row[2] - $row[1] < 3 Then ;if in the same cell

$cellpos_row = Floor($row[1] / 3) ; If $row= 0, 1, 2 then this=0, if $row= 3,4,5 then this=1, if $row= 6,7,8 then this=2

$cellpos_col = Floor(($column - 1) / 3) ; If $column= 1,2,3 then this=0, etc..

For $z = 3 * $cellpos_row To 3 * $cellpos_row + 2 ; (0 to 2) or (3 to 5) or (6 to 8) ;row

For $x = 3 * $cellpos_col + 1 To 3 * $cellpos_col + 3 ; (1 to 3) or (4 to 6) or (7 to 9) ;column

If $x <> $column Then $possibilities[$z][$x][$d] = 0

Next

Next

EndIf

$row[1] = ""

$row[2] = ""

Case $row[1] = ""

$row[1] = $l

EndSelect

EndIf

Next

Next

$row[1] = ""

$row[2] = ""

EndFunc ;==>_lockedcandidatecolumn

Im getting an error the $possibilites range is being exceded here "If $x <> $column Then $possibilities[$z][$x][$d] = 0"

the odd this is that same syntax has worked for all the other funcs in my script. If you need more of the script jsut ask.

I am having trouble with a func in my sudoku solver. Here is a description of wat it should do:

CODE

Global $possibilities[10][10][10] ;[row][column][number] 1 = applicable 0 or "" = not

Func _lockedcandidatecolumn($column)

Local $row[3]

For $d = 1 To 9 ;number

For $l = 1 To 9 ;row

If $possibilities[$l][$column][$d] = 1 Then

Select ;gets rows of three candidates

Case $row[1] <> ""

$row[2] = $l

MsgBox (0, $row[1], $row[2])

If $row[2] - $row[1] < 3 Then ;if in the same cell

$cellpos_row = Floor($row[1] / 3) ; If $row= 0, 1, 2 then this=0, if $row= 3,4,5 then this=1, if $row= 6,7,8 then this=2

$cellpos_col = Floor(($column - 1) / 3) ; If $column= 1,2,3 then this=0, etc..

For $z = 3 * $cellpos_row To 3 * $cellpos_row + 2 ; (0 to 2) or (3 to 5) or (6 to 8) ;row

For $x = 3 * $cellpos_col + 1 To 3 * $cellpos_col + 3 ; (1 to 3) or (4 to 6) or (7 to 9) ;column

If $x <> $column Then $possibilities[$z][$x][$d] = 0

Next

Next

EndIf

$row[1] = ""

$row[2] = ""

Case $row[1] = ""

$row[1] = $l

EndSelect

EndIf

Next

Next

$row[1] = ""

$row[2] = ""

EndFunc ;==>_lockedcandidatecolumn

Im getting an error the $possibilites range is being exceded here "If $x <> $column Then $possibilities[$z][$x][$d] = 0"

the odd this is that same syntax has worked for all the other funcs in my script. If you need more of the script jsut ask.

My best guess is that you should have

$row[2] = $l -1

and

$row[1] = $l - 1

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.