TCP Chat

Alek

Thanks for posting richedit..

everything looks good.. but registering users doesnt seem to work..i looked at the code and

dont seem to be able to find the problem.

hmm, i dont have the same problem :S but what i did fin was that if you register a new account and press yes when your asked to login nothing happens and you will have to press login button to login properly.

Edit: fixed the problem i found.

Edited by Alek

[font="Impact"]Never fear, I is here.[/font]

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new here, but tried this chat app and it's great. I thought I'd throw out a few change suggestions that I quickly made that help it along though...

changed client $Ip = GUICtrlRead($Input3)

to

$Ip = TCPNameToIP (GUICtrlRead($Input3))

so it will do a name lookup yet still work with ip nums. Now you can use a dynamic dns service for the server.

And added a function (copied part of the close cleanup) to be called at startup in the server:

Func ClearUserBits()

$Users = IniReadSectionNames($Database_File)

;Enter user loop.

For $x = 1 To $Users[0]

;Set the users online status to 0.

IniWrite($Database_File, $Users[$x],"Online_Status","0")

Next

EndFunc

because I saw some comments about manually having to 0 out the ini status field if the server ended abnormally. This way it starts clean (there should never be a 1 in there if the server isn't running) all the time no matter what....

BTW, this is a perfect app for stunnel - an ssl port wrapper that has a windows binary and is free. If there are any concerns about encryption, you can add this second layer easily and transparently by running your connection through it.

Thanks for the big piece though! :)

-Chef

• 3 months later...

Global Const $tagCHARFORMAT2 = "uint; int;dword; long; long; dword; byte;byte; char[32]; short; short;long; long; long; short;short; byte;b

Error: Unterminated string.

this is the error I get

Replace the string with:

Global Const $tagCHARFORMAT2 = "uint;int;dword;long;long;dword;byte;byte;char[32];short;short;long;long;long;short;short;byte;byte;byte;byte"
Edited by Manadar

Replace the string with:

Global Const $tagCHARFORMAT2 = "uint;int;dword;long;long;dword;byte;byte;char[32];short;short;long;long;long;short;short;byte;byte;byte;byte"
I would but the line specified by the error message reads:

endif

Nothing else. Where do I put what you said?

REPLACE:

Global Const $tagCHARFORMAT2 = "uint;int;dword;long;long;dword;byte;byte;char[32];short;short;long;long;long;short;short;byte;b
yte;byte;byte"

WITH:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

hello,

an error occurred while trying to compile the client.

follows the log.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador.GEJ16\Desktop\AutoIt3\Include\dllcallback.au3(114,25) : ERROR: undefined macro.
            If @Unicode Then
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador.GEJ16\Desktop\AutoIt3\Include\dllcallback.au3(127,25) : ERROR: undefined macro.
            If @Unicode Then
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador.GEJ16\Desktop\AutoIt3\Include\GuiRichedit.au3(56,40) : ERROR: $EM_SETPASSWORDCHAR previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $EM_SETPASSWORDCHAR = 0xCC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador.GEJ16\Desktop\AutoIt3\Include\GuiRichedit.au3(150,37) : ERROR: $WM_LBUTTONDOWN previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $WM_LBUTTONDOWN = 0x201
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador.GEJ16\Desktop\AutoIt3\Include\GuiRichedit.au3(151,37) : ERROR: $WM_RBUTTONDOWN previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $WM_RBUTTONDOWN = 0x204

it was written with an older version of autoit, and you compile with new, different, script breaking one. see da problem?

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

• 3 months later...

i've deleted the

Global Const $EM_SETPASSWORDCHAR = 0xCC

Global Const $WM_LBUTTONDOWN = 0x201

Global Const $WM_RBUTTONDOWN = 0x204

and it still works with the rich from the post.. but the problem is that on the client there are chinese or japanese letters o.o