Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sagar

how to kill system process

6 posts in this topic

can any one tell me commant to kill system process, command to kill process will not kill system

processes. plzzz..masters help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can any one tell me commant to kill system process, command to kill process will not kill system

processes. plzzz..masters help.

huh? Like winlogon.exe? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can any one tell me commant to kill system process, command to kill process will not kill system

processes. plzzz..masters help.

You may not have permissions to kill that particular process.

If you must provide alternate credentials, you could do RunAsSet(), then Run() with TaskKill.exe.

If you don't have admin credentials for that system, AutoIt won't let you do something you don't have the permissions for.

:)


Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may not have permissions to kill that particular process.

If you must provide alternate credentials, you could do RunAsSet(), then Run() with TaskKill.exe.

If you don't have admin credentials for that system, AutoIt won't let you do something you don't have the permissions for.

:)

yes i have administer priviledges.

can any one give me an example script>?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell me, why would you want to end a protected system process? The part where it is protected makes me think that if the developers who wrote it thought it was important enough to add special protection so that it couldn't be accessed and possibly ended, why would one want to end it? 98% of processes can be ended, the remaining 2% should never be ended unless you are doing something that is bad news. Not accusing anybody of anything. Just wondering why you want to do this is all.

- The Kandie Man ;-)


"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell me, why would you want to end a protected system process? The part where it is protected makes me think that if the developers who wrote it thought it was important enough to add special protection so that it couldn't be accessed and possibly ended, why would one want to end it? 98% of processes can be ended, the remaining 2% should never be ended unless you are doing something that is bad news. Not accusing anybody of anything. Just wondering why you want to do this is all.

- The Kandie Man ;-)

It's probably not going to happen without setting the proper token privileges anyway. And there are only a handful here that would know how to accomplish it in autoit anyway.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0