Is there a way to use WatiN in Autoit3?

Janus

Hay

I am trying to test some software that use AJAX (IE) and Win32 Office (MS and OpenOffice) and so. for that I am using Winrunner and Autoit3 and somtimes I use WatiN.

Is there a way that I can call WatiN in Autoit ? Just to control IE. (I got a lot of Iframes and frames in my app. and thats way I wont to use WatiN for the IE part).

Best regaard

Janus

P.s. Thanks for a nice forum and program (Autoit3) :)

Hay

I am trying to test some software that use AJAX (IE) and Win32 Office (MS and OpenOffice) and so. for that I am using Winrunner and Autoit3 and somtimes I use WatiN.

Is there a way that I can call WatiN in Autoit ? Just to control IE. (I got a lot of Iframes and frames in my app. and thats way I wont to use WatiN for the IE part).

Best regaard

Janus

P.s. Thanks for a nice forum and program (Autoit3) ;)

I had to go lookup WatiN, and it looks like most of that is already in Dale Hohm's IE.au3 UDF, which is included in AutoIt for the last couple of versions. If you still need to run WatiN, AutoIt could run any command line that calls it, or use any DLL or COM object calls it makes available...

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I had to go lookup WatiN, and it looks like most of that is already in Dale Hohm's IE.au3 UDF, which is included in AutoIt for the last couple of versions. If you still need to run WatiN, AutoIt could run any command line that calls it, or use any DLL or COM object calls it makes available...

:)

I'm currently evaluating these 2 products and very interested in how one can use these 2 products together. It's true that most of WatiN functionalities are already included it AutoIt IE UDF, but WatiN implement NUnit framework that has test reporting and can also be intergrated with build tool like ant.

There are a lot of things I can do in AutoIt but can't in WatiN, I wish AutoIt has a good test reporting mechanism, or is it not a test centric tool.

If you have any good tips or experience, please let me know.

Thanks

-Tri

P.S. By the way, is there a way to bookmark a topic? It be nice to come back to your favorite posts directly without searching the forum.