Sign in to follow this  
adamb

New user needs help sorry

adamb

Hi, recently found your program and must say i love it, however im having trouble getting the function WinWaitActive to work to work. This is what i have entered:

WinWaitActive("sms - [systems Management Server]")

i took the name directly from the Window Info tool's title text bar. Thr script seems to run untill it gets to here and then pauses never continuning. If i delete this line, the script continues on its merry way, but does not give time for the window to be actuve.

Is there simply a way to wait for like 3 seconds or is that not possible

thedailyspank

Answer to your question.

CODE
Sleep(3000)

A few things you may want to try.

Use the AU3recorder in SciTE (ALT+F6) to see some good examples of how to properly wait and activate windows. The way it's done in there is very accurate and does all the coding for you.

Try matching less of the title, "SMS - ", for example.

-TDS

Monamo

Hi, recently found your program and must say i love it, however im having trouble getting the function WinWaitActive to work to work. This is what i have entered:

WinWaitActive("sms - [systems Management Server]")

i took the name directly from the Window Info tool's title text bar. Thr script seems to run untill it gets to here and then pauses never continuning. If i delete this line, the script continues on its merry way, but does not give time for the window to be actuve.

Is there simply a way to wait for like 3 seconds or is that not possible

It may be that your SMS window isn't gaining focus, so the script is waiting for it to reach an "Active" state.

Try:

WinWait("sms - [Systems Management Server]")
WinActivate("sms - [Systems Management Server]")

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Bert

can you do a screenshot of what the tool is reporting? You may need to add more, or you have not typed it right. Odds are you need to type it JUST as it appears - Caps and all. Also, you may want to use Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) at the start of your script so it will work with a substring of the title, and not need the entire thing.