Add or Remove programs

I want to remove office professional if it is present, if the user needs standard. I may want to delete or remove the office standard if the user needs the professional. At any rate I dont want both versions on a computer at anyone time. I could delete the directory, but think I would be better off if I can run the remove program. Is this possible or does it have to be done manually. bobby

I want to remove office professional if it is present, if the user needs standard. I may want to delete or remove the office standard if the user needs the professional. At any rate I don't want both versions on a computer at anyone time. I could delete the directory, but think I would be better off if I can run the remove program. Is this possible or does it have to be done manually. bobby

Take a search on google for ORK (Office Resource Kit). You can prepare .MST (answers file) for all office products and that way configure if any other version is installed it should be deinstalled or reinstalled etc. If that wont do what you want and you would still want to uninstall office the standard way you can do that. Take a look at code from http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20406

Hope this helps,

MadBoy

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

I think you could do this by enumerating the registry key:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

and looking for the required software name, in the DisplayName string.

Once you've found it, there is also a value that gives the UninstallString, which you then Run()

From there on, standard Autoit poke-keystroke-into-window stuff. (Or the uninstall program might accept 'silent' and 'yes' parameters to avoid interaction, you would need to check the documentation on that.)