Pixel get colour

gainstaa

Hi, I was wondering if there was like some kind of chart the gave the decimal values colours because I don't know how Iam supposed to use this function without some reference.

Am I supposed to trial and error???

Well the colour i need is more of a shade if thats possible or if not then dark brown.

• Moderators

Hi, I was wondering if there was like some kind of chart the gave the decimal values colours because I don't know how Iam supposed to use this function without some reference.

Am I supposed to trial and error???

Well the colour i need is more of a shade if thats possible or if not then dark brown.

Use the autoitinfo tool provided for you in your autoit directory to find the color(s) you need by just mousing over the area you want to look at (use magnify in the options).

If you need a variant shade of the color then look at PixelSearch() and just use the same right/bottom that you did for left/top.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Use the autoitinfo tool provided for you in your autoit directory to find the color(s) you need by just mousing over the area you want to look at (use magnify in the options).

If you need a variant shade of the color then look at PixelSearch() and just use the same right/bottom that you did for left/top.

where can i find this autoitinfo tool?

• Moderators

Ok i found it but it always says the colour is 0x000000

how do i make it ACTUALLY read the colour

Rather than spending hours trying to explain it to you with the pixel functions, if you do it hands on, you'll probably pick it up in no time:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

The above link is a tutorial that can walk you through alot of things you'll be using on a regular basis with autoit, I'd suggest you start there.

The 0x000000 is a hex number, if you ran that in a MsgBox(0, "info", 0x000000) you would see that the decimal value for that is 0.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.