Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

netsh example

Dirk98

Guys, does anyone know netsh command?

I need an example of full command to set IP address to the network interface "Local Area Connection" , static, 192.168.3.35, subnet 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.3.1.

It is here in the link below, but I don't understand how to syntax it properly (need a concrete example):

Netsh Commands for Interface IP

Many thanks.

herewasplato

Sure - now I see this post of yours... :-)

I replied to your other thread and I suggested that you search the forum for netsh - but I also gave you some code that will change your IP settings "the hard way":

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=400661

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

ChrisL

Guys, does anyone know netsh command?

I need an example of full command to set IP address to the network interface "Local Area Connection" , static, 192.168.3.35, subnet 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.3.1.

It is here in the link below, but I don't understand how to syntax it properly (need a concrete example):

Netsh Commands for Interface IP

Many thanks.

$netname = "Local Area Connection"
$newIp = "192.168.3.35"
$newSubnet = "255.255.255.0"
$newDG = "192.168.3.1"

runwait ('netsh interface ip set address name=' & '"' & $netname & '" static ' & $newIP & ' '& $newSubnet & ' ' & $newDG & ' 1',"",@SW_Hide)

and if your interested this is dhcp

runwait ('netsh interface ip set address name=' & '"' & $netname & '" dhcp', "", @SW_HIDE)

Dirk98

Guys, THANK you so much!

Can't wait to try them all out.

(Didn't think anyone would have wanted to waste his time on this request).

Dirk.

Dirk98

$newIp = "192.168.3.35"
$newSubnet = "255.255.255.0"
$newDG = "192.168.3.1"

runwait ('netsh interface ip set address name=' & '"' & $netname & '" static ' & $newIP & ' '& $newSubnet & ' ' & $newDG & ' 1',"",@SW_Hide)

and if your interested this is dhcp

runwait ('netsh interface ip set address name=' & '"' & $netname & '" dhcp', "", @SW_HIDE)
Chrisl, what a quaint and compact solution you suggested there! Worked like a charm. And it's so easy compared to the monster codes that are far beyond my depth. :)

If I were entering it as a command line what it would look like? Could you please extract the command line from this:

Thanks again!

Edited by Dirk98

Dirk98

If I were entering it as a command line what it would look like? Could you please extract the command line from this:

Thanks again!

Is it something like

netsh interface ip set address name Local Area Connection 192.168.3.35 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.1

?

Sorry, I couldn't figure this out when I asked in the beginning, and it doesn't work now when I'm trying to manually enter it in START/RUN.

Don't get me wrong though, the script works perfect. I'm just trying to do some reverse engineering on it. :)

ChrisL

netsh interface ip set address name= "Local Area Connection" 192.168.3.35 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.1 1

Note name= and speach marks and the additional space 1 at the end

Edited by ChrisL