ControlClick and .msi installer

RobertK

Hello,

I have this script, it is used to install Adobe Flash ActiveX. I had it working local but at the customer his computer it refused.

He said "MSIEXEC" refused to accept my parameters.

So I looked around at this forum, and found that you can also run .MSI files with ShellExecuteWait. (Since RunWait wouldn't run a .MSI) And with that help I created this:

#include <file.au3>

$installerDirectory = ("C:\installs")
$setupFile = ("\\dd10\Softwarelln\flash\installFlash.msi")

if Not FileExists( "C:\installs\flash.kei" ) Then

if NOT FileExists( $installerDirectory ) Then   
        DirCreate( $installerDirectory )
    EndIf

FileInstall("\\192.168.10.10\Softwarelln\REMOTEINSTALLATIE\Archief AutoIt\bin\Background.exe" , "C:\installs\Background.exe", 1)

;BlockInput( 1 )

;Run( "C:\installs\Background.exe" )

Opt( "WinWaitDelay", 100 )
    Opt( "WinTitleMatchMode", 4 )
    Opt( "WinDetectHiddenText", 1 )
    Opt( "MouseCoordMode", 0 )

ShellExecuteWait( $setupFile )

If Not WinActive("Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX - InstallShield Wizard", "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Adobe Flash P") Then
        WinActivate("Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX - InstallShield Wizard", "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Adobe Flash P")
    EndIf

;Send("{ENTER}");
    ControlClick("Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX - InstallShield Wizard", "&Install", "Button1")

WinWait("Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX - InstallShield Wizard", "The InstallShield Wizard has successfully i")

ControlClick("Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX - InstallShield Wizard", "&Finish", "Button1")
;Send("{ENTER}")

_FileCreate($installerDirectory & "\flash.kei")

;WinClose( "Background" )

if FileExists( "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit" ) Then
        RunWait( 'cmd.exe /c C:\Program Files\Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit\scripts\DiskProtect.wsf" /save /restart', "C:\WINDOWS\System32", @SW_HIDE)
    EndIf

;BlockInput(0)

EndIf

As you can see, I've tried 2 approaches:

- ControlClick

- Send("{ENTER}")

The problem, neither sends anything to the installer. I've also tried sleeps up to 5 seconds.

Who can tell me why this isn't working.

btw, the arguments that didn't apear to work were:

msiexec /qb /i

Thanks in advance,

Robert

[font="Verdana"]I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.[/font]

Your welcome, before I start doing my autoit script for any application I going to install. I check package knowledge base from AppDeploy. This is how I found out about all the differents switches.

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line