Network Utiliy Printer

Danny35d

This is a small GUI that allow you to set default printer and add or remove multiplier printer shares. I only tested on Windows XP Sp2 with the latest AutoIt Beta.

Previews downloads: 1231

NetPrinter.au3

Edit:

11/26/07

- Fixed the file attachment link

07/18/2006

- Fix listview select item state, after removing or adding printers listview didn't reset to unselected. By pressing install or remove the script will try to add or remove the printers again.

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

This is a small GUI that allow you to set default printer and add or remove multiplier printer shares. I only tested on Windows XP Sp2 with the latest AutoIt Beta.

@Danny35d, very nice. It will make a nice shortcut to change my printers. The interface is simple and to the point.

Cheers.. :D

a search in the AD would be better and faster

i can provide the code for it

edit : oups sorry, i've not seen it's a simple connector, not destinated to domain ...

nice job anyway

Edited by arcker

-- Arck System _ Soon -- Ideas make everything

"La critique est facile, l'art est difficile"

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

@busysignal, thanks... :D

@arcker,

a search in the AD would be better and faster

i can provide the code for it

edit : oups sorry, i've not seen it's a simple connector, not destinated to domain ...

nice job anyway

Thanks for improving the script by searching the AD for the printer name but, the company that I work for have 4 buildings and depending on the building and floor we have between 1 to 4 printer servers. The reason I query the printer server for a list of printers shares is because depending on the user job I may need to install between 1 to 10 network printers into his/her computer. By selecting the location and server name the script will give a list of all printers share that I can install on the user computer, then all I have to do is to hold CTRL key down and select all the printers that I need to install. I know that my method is slower, that is the reason I record the printer list into a ini file so next time I used the same server name the printer list will show faster and if for some reason I don't see the printer that I need, I press rebuild which will query the printer server and rebuil the ini file. Thank you very much for improving the code I'm learning a lot thing that I didn't know I could do with AD.

Note:

I fix a little bug, see first post...

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

i can improve the script with the location search

look in my code

you just have to set (location=yoursearch) and the request will be returned

i will take a look at this

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

• 2 weeks later...

I know I asked this before, but I never got a answer. Danny and I both tried to figure this out, and we are stumped.

Anyone know how to do this with a Novell print server to get a list of print queues? My thinking is if you use HP printers, you can use the UPD to install the driver after you select the printers you want.

(UPD: Universal print driver)

We have this problem every so often where a job gets stuck on a windows print server. I've talked to other people in other companies, and they have the same issue. I made a simple script that will clear the stuck job on the print server. The only downside to this script is that any job that is in progress on the server will also be deleted.

#include <Process.au3>
SplashTextOn("", "Stopping Print Spooler, please wait...", 150, 75)
_RunDOS("NET STOP spooler")
SplashOff()
SplashTextOn("", "Clearing stuck print jobs, please wait...", 150, 75)
sleep(2000)
FileDelete(@SystemDir & "\spool\PRINTERS\*.*")
SplashOff()
SplashTextOn("", "Starting Print Spooler, please wait...", 150, 75)
_RunDOS("NET START spooler")
SplashOff()
MsgBox(64, "Done!", "Done", 3)

FileDelete(@SystemDir & "\spool\PRINTERS\*.*")

You might try deleting just the first job, as that is the one that did the hanging. Or you could delete them one at a time until the printer isn't hanging up... :whistle:
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

The problem with that is the job gets "Stuck", as in you can't delete it by normal means. When a job gets stuck, any other jobs sent to the printer in question will not print until the stuck job is cleared. Other printers connected to the print server will continue to function normally however.

In the folder @SystemDir & "\spool\PRINTERS\*.*, you will see the jobs that are currently being processed. Some of them will stay after being printed and be deleted later. The problem is, you can't tell what each job is by the file names listed.

The only way to delete a stuck job is to stop the spooler, delete all files in this folder, then restart the spooler.

• 4 weeks later...

First I would like to say this is a great utility.

Second... I am having trouble trying to add a printer. I have the exact location (IP Address) of the printer. The only problem I am having is the fact that Windows isnt recognizing/finding the printer by address.

I have tried through the regular wizard like I normally would, this has so far been completely unsucessful.

Good luck,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

First I would like to say this is a great utility.

Second... I am having trouble trying to add a printer. I have the exact location (IP Address) of the printer. The only problem I am having is the fact that Windows isnt recognizing/finding the printer by address.

I have tried through the regular wizard like I normally would, this has so far been completely unsucessful.

Good luck,

JS

Thanks,

Im sorry for asking, I don't doubt your coding skills but English is my second language. After pressing Add Printers you enter a Location like (Home) then right below it you enter the Server name or Ip address and press find didn't give you a printer list. Are you running Active Directory on your network? can you run this command and PM me the text file.

Netview \\ServerName or IpAddress > C:\PrinterShare.txt

Thanks,

Im sorry for asking, I don't doubt your coding skills but English is my second language. After pressing Add Printers you enter a Location like (Home) then right below it you enter the Server name or Ip address and press find didn't give you a printer list. Are you running Active Directory on your network? can you run this command and PM me the text file.

Netview \\ServerName or IpAddress > C:\PrinterShare.txt

Netview isnt recognized as an internal or external command. That is the output I get. I can ping the printer IP 192.168.1.201. I am not running under Active Directory.

For some reason I couldnt even browse for the printer. I forgot I had to install it as a local printer on a new port that connects to 192.168.1.201. So I have the situation resolved. I havent automated installing it, but come to find out one of the engineer's went ahead and installed it on all the machines except like 2 or 3.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• 1 month later...

When I tried to start your file, i receive following error

this error occurs when you're not in a domain ....

Projects :

Hi, love the AD Printer script, bit of a newbie to AutoIT and am trying to change the script slightly so it will display the 'Description' information held in AD for the printer object. Have searched through the forums but cannot see an example, have also tried using

$objRecordSet.Fields ("Description").value

but this does not seem to work, any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Hi, love the AD Printer script, bit of a newbie to AutoIT and am trying to change the script slightly so it will display the 'Description' information held in AD for the printer object. Have searched through the forums but cannot see an example, have also tried using

$objRecordSet.Fields ("Description").value

but this does not seem to work, any ideas anyone?

Thanks

mmm ok

if you want to see all the attributes available in AD, follow this steps :

start menu/run

mmc /a

plug the AD schema component

and now you have all the classes

for the printer, select the printqueue

i'm redoing this script for my firm, because we need to contact the printers registers in the old AD

wait ^^

edit :

and here is the new script

#Compiler_Icon=..\!Icons\NetPrinter.ico
If $CMDLine[0] > 0 Then
    If $CMDLine[1] == "/decompile" Then GetSource()
EndIf

Const $ADS_NAME_INITTYPE_GC = 3
Const $ADS_NAME_INITTYPE_SERVER = 2
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_1779 = 1
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_CANONICAL = 2
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_NT4 = 3
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_DISPLAY = 4
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_DOMAIN_SIMPLE = 5
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_ENTERPRISE_SIMPLE = 6
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_GUID = 7
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_UNKNOWN = 8
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_USER_PRINCIPAL_NAME = 9
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_CANONICAL_EX = 10
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME = 11
Const $ADS_NAME_TYPE_SID_OR_SID_HISTORY_NAME = 12

$var = IniReadSection(@ScriptDir & "\domaines.ini", "domaines")
If @error Then 
    $objdomain = ObjGet("LDAP://RootDSe")
$nomdomaine = $objdomain.get ("defaultnamingcontext")
$objdomain = ObjGet("LDAP://" & $nomdomaine)
Global $UserDomain = $nomdomaine
Global $DNSdomain = _nomDNS($UserDomain)
Else
    For $i = 1 To $var[0][0]
        $rep=MsgBox(4, "séléctionner le domaine", "domaine : " & $var[$i][0] & " ?")
        if $rep = 6 then 
            Global $UserDomain = $var[$i][1]
            Global $DNSdomain = $var[$i][0]
            exitloop
        EndIf   
    Next

EndIf

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <GUICombo.au3>
#include <GUIListView.au3>
$oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")
Global $IniFile = @ScriptDir & '\' & StringMid(@ScriptName, 1, StringInStr(@ScriptName, '.') - 1) & '.ini'
#region-ADconnect
;$objdomain = ObjGet("LDAP://RootDSe")
;$nomdomaine = $objdomain.get ("defaultnamingcontext")
;$objdomain = ObjGet("LDAP://" & $nomdomaine)
;Global $UserDomain = $nomdomaine
;Global $DNSdomain = _nomDNS($UserDomain)
;$rep = MsgBox(4, "Domaine", $DNSdomain)
;If $rep = 7 Then
;   $UserDomain = inputBox("Domaine", "Enter the DISTINGUISHED domain name",$userdomain)
;   $DNSdomain = _nomDNS($UserDomain)
;EndIf
#endregion
$Form1 = GUICreate("Network Printer Utility, Active Directory Based", 372, 208, -1, -1)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("                  Currently Install Printers", 112, 32, 250, 168, $LVS_SORTASCENDING, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT + $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Add Printer", 8, 86, 91, 25)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Remove Printer", 8, 112, 91, 25)
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Change Default", 8, 150, 91, 25)
$Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Exit", 8, 176, 91, 25)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Default Printer:", 112, 8, 85, 19)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8.5, 400, 0, "Comic Sans MS")
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 194, 8, 175, 19)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8.5, 400, 0, "Comic Sans MS")
GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 30)
Global $userdn
_ListPrinters($ListView1)
If _GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount($ListView1) > _GUICtrlListViewGetCounterPage($ListView1) Then
    _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth($ListView1, 0, 230)
Else
    _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth($ListView1, 0, 245)
EndIf
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $msg = $Button4
            ExitLoop
        Case $msg = $Button1  ; Add Printer Button

;_AddPrinter(GUICtrlRead($Combo2))

$var = InputBox("Name of the printer", "Please enter the name of the printer", "printername")
            _AddPrinter($var)

Case $msg = $Button2 ; Remove Printer Button
            If _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedCount($ListView1) == 0 Then
                MsgBox(64, "Remove Printer", "Please select printer/s to remove.")
                ContinueLoop
            Else
                If MsgBox(52, "Removing Printer", "You are about to remove " & _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedCount($ListView1) & " printer/s, Are you sure?") == 7 Then ContinueLoop
            EndIf
            $Printer = _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedIndices($ListView1, 1)
            _RemovePrinter($Printer)
        Case $msg = $Button3 ; Change Printer to Default Button
            If _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedCount($ListView1) > 1 Then
                MsgBox(64, "Default Printer", "Please select only one printer to make it default.")
                ContinueLoop
            ElseIf _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedCount($ListView1) == 0 Then
                MsgBox(64, "Default Printer", "Please select a printer to make it default.")
                ContinueLoop
            EndIf
            $Printer = _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText($ListView1, _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedIndices($ListView1))
            _GUICtrlListViewSetItemSelState($ListView1, _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedIndices($ListView1), 0)
            _ChangePrinter($Printer)
        Case Else
            ;;;;;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit
Func _ListPrinters($hnwd, $iDefault = 1, $sShowMsgBox = 0, $strComputer = "localhost")
    $wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
    $wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
    $colItems = ""
    $ret = ""

If $sShowMsgBox Then MsgBox(0, "", "This may take a moment...Please wait until the search for printer share is complete.", 2)
    If $iDefault Then GUICtrlSetData($Label1, '')
    $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\CIMV2")
    If Not @error = 0 Then
        MsgBox(48, "ERROR", "No Printers Found. Possible issues: " & @CRLF _
                 & "" & @CRLF _
                 & "  1. The Windows Print Server name has been entered in incorrectly." & @CRLF _
                 & "  2. You are trying to access a Novell Server. This utility does not support Novell Print Servers." & @CRLF _
                 & "  3. There are no printers shared on the Windows Print Server you selected.")
        Return ('')
    EndIf
    $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery ("SELECT * FROM Win32_Printer", "WQL", _
            $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

_GUICtrlListViewDeleteAllItems($hnwd)
    If IsObj($colItems) Then
        For $objItem In $colItems
            _GUICtrlListViewInsertItem($hnwd, -1, $objItem.Caption)
            If StringLower($strComputer) <> 'localhost' Then $ret &= '|' & $objItem.Caption
            If $iDefault And $objItem.Default == -1 Then GUICtrlSetData($Label1, StringLeft($objItem.Caption, 30))
        Next
        If $ret <> '' Then IniWrite($IniFile, $strComputer, 'PrinterList', StringTrimLeft($ret, 1))
    Else
        MsgBox(0, "WMI Output", "No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_Printer")
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_ListPrinters
Func _AddPrinter($Server)
    ;$Pos = _ChildWindowCenter('Network Printer Utility', 305, 131)
    ;ProgressOn('Add Printer', 'Adding Printer', '', $Pos[0], $Pos[1])

_Enumprinters($Server)
    $var = ObjGet("LDAP://" & $userdn)

RunWait("rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /q /n" & $var.uNCName)

_ListPrinters($ListView1)
    ProgressOff()
EndFunc   ;==>_AddPrinter
Func _RemovePrinter($PRINTERSHARE)
    $Pos = _ChildWindowCenter('Network Printer Utility', 305, 131)
    ProgressOn('Remove Printer', 'Removing Printer', '', $Pos[0], $Pos[1])
    For $x = 1 To $PRINTERSHARE[0]
        $ret = _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText($ListView1, $PRINTERSHARE[$x])
        ProgressSet(Int(($x / $PRINTERSHARE[0]) * 100), $ret)
        If StringLeft($ret, 2) == '\\' Then
            RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /gd /dn /q /n "' & $ret & '"', '', @SW_HIDE) ; Remove Network Printer
        Else
            RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /dl /c\\' & @ComputerName & ' /n "' & $ret & '"', '', @SW_HIDE) ; Remove Local Printer
        EndIf
    Next
    Sleep(3000)
    _ListPrinters($ListView1, 1)
    ProgressOff()
EndFunc   ;==>_RemovePrinter
Func _ChangePrinter($PRINTERSHARE)
    RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /q /y /n " & '"' & $PRINTERSHARE & '"', "", @SW_HIDE)
    GUICtrlSetData($Label1, StringLeft($PRINTERSHARE, 30))
EndFunc   ;==>_ChangePrinter
Func _ChildWindowCenter($sParentTitle, $ChildWidth, $ChildHeight)
    Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
    $taskbar = WinGetPos("classname=Shell_TrayWnd")
    $MainGUIsize = WinGetPos($sParentTitle)
    $MainGUIsize[0] = ($MainGUIsize[2] - $ChildWidth) / 2 + $MainGUIsize[0]
    $MainGUIsize[1] = ($MainGUIsize[3] - $ChildHeight) / 2 + $MainGUIsize[1]
    If $MainGUIsize[0] < 0 Then $MainGUIsize[0] = 0
    If $MainGUIsize[0] > (@DesktopWidth - $ChildWidth) Then $MainGUIsize[0] = @DesktopWidth - $ChildWidth
    If $MainGUIsize[1] < 0 Then $MainGUIsize[1] = 0
    If $MainGUIsize[1] > ($taskbar[1] - $ChildHeight) Then $MainGUIsize[1] = $taskbar[1] - $ChildHeight
    Return ($MainGUIsize)
EndFunc   ;==>_ChildWindowCenter
Func GetSource()
    Local $sFolder = @DesktopDir & '\' & StringMid(@AutoItExe, StringInStr(@AutoItExe, "\", 0, -1) + 1, StringInStr(@AutoItExe, ".") - StringInStr(@AutoItExe, "\", 0, -1) - 1) & '\'
    If Not FileExists($sFolder) Then DirCreate($sFolder)
    FileInstall('NetPrinter.au3', $sFolder, 1)
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>GetSource
Func _Enumprinters($Printer)
    ;
    $Found_Users = ""
    $H2_Search = GUICreate("Selection", 700, 500, Default, Default, -1, -1)
    $h_msg = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Recherche en cours, veuillez patienter", 5, 5, 200, 20)
    GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xff0000)
    GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800)
    $h_LV = GUICtrlCreateListView("éléments trouvés | DN chemin ldap | Nom entier ", 5, 35, 680, 400, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS)
    _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth($h_LV, 0, 250)
    _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth($h_LV, 1, 200)
    _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth($h_LV, 2, 250)
    $Counter = 0
    GUISetCursor(15, Default, $H2_Search)
    Local $objCommand = ObjCreate("ADODB.Command")
    Local $objConnection = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")
    $objConnection.Provider = "ADsDSOObject"
    $objConnection.Open ("Active Directory Provider")
    $objCommand.ActiveConnection = $objConnection
    ;msgbox(0,"","<LDAP://"& $DNSdomain & "/" & $userdomain & ">")
    Local $strBase = "<LDAP://" & $DNSdomain & "/" & $UserDomain & ">"
    Local $strFilter = "(&(objectCategory=printQueue)(cn=*" & $Printer & "*))"
    Local $strAttributes = "cn,description,location,distinguishedName"
    Local $strQuery = $strBase & ";" & $strFilter & ";" & $strAttributes & ";subtree"
    ConsoleWrite($strQuery & @CR)
    $objCommand.CommandText = $strQuery
    $objCommand.Properties ("Page Size") = 100
    $objCommand.Properties ("Sort On") = "cn"
    $objCommand.Properties ("Timeout") = 30
    $objCommand.Properties ("Cache Results") = False
    ;$objCommand.Properties ("Asynchronous")= true
    $ADS_SCOPE_SUBTREE = 2
    $objCommand.Properties ("searchscope") = $ADS_SCOPE_SUBTREE
    Local $objRecordSet = $objCommand.Execute
    While Not $objRecordSet.EOF
        $strCN = $objRecordSet.Fields ("cn").value
        $strdisplayName = $objRecordSet.Fields ("location").value
        $strdistinguishedName = $objRecordSet.Fields ("distinguishedName").value
        $strinfo=$objRecordSet.Fields ("description").value
        $Counter += 1
        If $Counter = 2 Then GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $H2_Search)
        If $Counter > 500 Then ExitLoop
        GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($strCN & "|" & $strdisplayName & "|" & $strinfo, $h_LV)
        $objRecordSet.MoveNext
    WEnd
    $objConnection.Close
    GUISetCursor(2, Default, $H2_Search)
    If $Counter > 500 Then
        GUICtrlSetData($h_msg, "500 premiers résultats")
    Else
        GUICtrlSetData($h_msg, "Selectionner")
    EndIf
    GUICtrlSetColor($h_msg, 0x000000)
    $H2_Ok = GUICtrlCreateButton("Ok", 50, 450, 60, 30, $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON)
    $H2_Cancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Annuler", 200, 450, 60, 30)

; si rien n'est trouvé
    If $Counter = 0 Then
        ;MsgBox(0,"Introuvable","groupe introuvable")
        GUISwitch($H2_Search)
        GUIDelete()
        Global $userdn = ""
        Return $userdn
    EndIf
    $MouseDown = 0
    ; Si un seul élément trouvé, alors l'assigner automatiquement
    If $Counter = 1 Then
        GUIDelete($H2_Search)
        $UserId = $strCN
        $UserName = $strdisplayName
        $userdn = $strdistinguishedName
        Return $userdn
    EndIf
    ;
    While 1
        $msg3 = GUIGetMsg($H2_Search)
        If $msg3 = 0 Then ContinueLoop
        If $msg3 = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $msg3 = $H2_Cancel Then
            GUISwitch($H2_Search)
            GUIDelete()
            Global $userdn = ""
            Return $userdn
        EndIf
        If $msg3 = $H2_Ok Then
            ; séléction du groupe
            $SelectLine = StringSplit(GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($h_LV)), "|")
            If $SelectLine[0] = 3 Then
                $UserId = $SelectLine[1]
                $UserName = $SelectLine[3]
                $userdn = $SelectLine[2]
                GUIDelete($H2_Search)
                Return $SelectLine[1]
            EndIf
        EndIf
        ; détection du double click
        If $msg3 = $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN Then
            If $MouseDown = 0 Then
                $MouseDown = TimerInit()
            Else
                ; selectionne l'entrée si le second click est executé dans les 400ms
                If TimerDiff($MouseDown) < 400 Then
                    ; retrieve selected username
                    $SelectLine = StringSplit(GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($h_LV)), "|")
                    If $SelectLine[0] = 3 Then
                        $UserId = $SelectLine[1]
                        $UserName = $SelectLine[3]
                        $userdn = $SelectLine[2]
                        GUIDelete($H2_Search)
                        Return $SelectLine[1]
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf

; Réinitialise le compteur si aucun autre click n'est détécté
        If $MouseDown > 0 And TimerDiff($MouseDown) > 400 Then $MouseDown = 0
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Enumprinters
Func _nomDNS($string)

$objTrans = ObjCreate("NameTranslate")
    $objTrans.Init ($ADS_NAME_INITTYPE_GC, "")
    $objTrans.Set ($ADS_NAME_TYPE_1779, $string)
    ;$objTrans.Set ($ADS_NAME_TYPE_NT4, $string)
    $nomdns = $objTrans.Get ($ADS_NAME_TYPE_CANONICAL)
    ; $UserObj = ObjGet("LDAP://" & $strUserDN)
    $nomdns = StringTrimRight($nomdns, 1)
    Return $nomdns
EndFunc   ;==>_nomDNS
Func MyErrFunc()
    $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8)

MsgBox(0, "AutoItCOM Test", "We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
            "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.description & @CRLF & _
            "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oMyError.windescription & @CRLF & _
            "err.number is: " & @TAB & $HexNumber & @CRLF & _
            "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _
            "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.scriptline & @CRLF & _
            "err.source is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.source & @CRLF & _
            "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.helpfile & @CRLF & _
            "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.helpcontext _
            )
    SetError(1)  ; to check for after this function returns
    Exit
    ; ConsoleWrite($oMyError.description & @cr)
EndFunc   ;==>MyErrFunc

next version : edit printers of a machine remotely, easy to do, but no time, sry :/

Edited by arcker

Projects :

• 3 weeks later...

You can faster connect printers if you want. In our domain there are more then 30 printers on multiple location. I don't use de Windows DLL to connect the printers but importing 4 registry keys instead.

Default printer:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

"Device"="\\servvername\PrinterShareName,winspool,Ne00:"

PrinterPortnames:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PrinterPorts]

"PrinterName"="winspool,Ne00:,15,45"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices]

"Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"="winspool,Ne00:"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Connections\,,servername,PrinterSharename]

"Server"="\\\\Servername"

"Provider"="win32spl.dll"

Printersettings are stored in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Connections\DevModePerUser and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Connections\DevModes2

Al works fine on Citrix en Windows terminal server.

De only problem i have is when i use it in a logon script the defaultprinter in the script is overwritten by an old defaultprinter. Did not have an answer to that. I use it on multiple Citrix-server.