Not existing....

Delta01

Hi..

I've had a read through the help file, but couldn't find anything on it.

I want to know if/how you can do a statement like the one that follows. (that actually works)

ProcessExists("firefox.exe") <> ProcessExists("firefox.exe")

Basically, i want to know which statement to use if something doesn't exist, not ProcessWaitClose, or ProcessWait. So, if there is no firefox open then I can tell the script to do something. Eg. ProcessNOTExist("firefox.exe") so if the process doesn't exist i can tell it to do something. - I know ProcessNOTExist is not a function.

Sorry for the noob question, but I can't find an answer..

Edited by Delta01

You could always do that or tell your script to do something if it's not open then tell it to do something if it is, basically the same thing RobertK said but a little different.

If ProcessExists("Firefox.exe") Then
do something
Else
do something else
Endif

Quick sidenote, I hope you're not hoping to do much firefox automation because autoit doesn't have any support for it.

You could always do that or tell your script to do something if it's not open then tell it to do something if it is, basically the same thing RobertK said but a little different.

If ProcessExists("Firefox.exe") Then
do something
Else
do something else
Endif

Quick sidenote, I hope you're not hoping to do much firefox automation because autoit doesn't have any support for it.

Oh, no no. I was just an example.

Thanks guys/gals