Sign in to follow this  
Matt @ MPCS

Aut2Exe Icon Support?

Matt @ MPCS

OS Version: MS Windows Vista Premium

AutoIt Version: v3.2.8.1

There appears to be a bug when specifying the /icon switch in Aut2Exe. It doesn't blow up or anything; it just doesn't appear to use the specified ICO file. An example command line used that exemplifies this is as follows:

C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\ExeWrap277\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe /in "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\ExeWrap277\Dashboard.au3" /out "DynamicDashboard.exe" /icon "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NetworkIcons\28.ico" /comp 4 /nodecompile

After executing the above command line the executable is created successfully but it still uses the AutoIt icon. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug???

Thanks,

Matt @ MPCS (Paxus LLC)

Edited by Matt @ MPCS

Zedna

Only side note: I'm using directive

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=my_icon.ico

at begin of my scripts so I needn't handle icons at compile time, just hit F7 in Scite and 

AutoIt3Wrapper will do job for me

Matt @ MPCS

Thanks Zedna! I could do that and it would simplify my compilation process.

Thanks again,

Matt @ MPCS (Paxus LLC)

Matt @ MPCS

Still no avail... It may be because I am not running it through the Autoit3Wrapper but in either case the Aut2Exe command line should still work. Any more suggestions???

Jos

AutoIt3Wrapper is using this similar commandline so should work when its a corect filename and filetype ...

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Matt @ MPCS

The command line I identified above is generated by the AutoIt code generator ExeWrap that I posted a few years ago in which I verify existence of the icon file. I know it should work but for some reason it doesn't.

Matt @ MPCS

It appears this is just a strange Windows bug. I am not quite sure what the coincidence is that it happens yet but when I the executable is configured to be generated in a different directory (such as c:\) it seems to work without a hitch. I'll do some more testing to verify my findings but for now this appears to be resolved.

Matt @ MPCS (Paxus LLC)