Question for the Pro's

Nezoic

Alright so I have a AfxWnd42 control, I've googled and found numerous other people with the same problem. Much of the answer to the question, "How do you read text from this control" has come back with answers such as, " AfxWnd42 is pre-windows messaging", thus you cannot pull data from them since there is no way to communicate with the control, the data is written from the owner control.

Is this true? Basically the only way to get the data out of this would be to use some type of optical read based on whatever font the window / control is using?

Any thought or other ideas on how to read this data?

• Moderators

Alright so I have a AfxWnd42 control, I've googled and found numerous other people with the same problem. Much of the answer to the question, "How do you read text from this control" has come back with answers such as, " AfxWnd42 is pre-windows messaging", thus you cannot pull data from them since there is no way to communicate with the control, the data is written from the owner control.

Is this true? Basically the only way to get the data out of this would be to use some type of optical read based on whatever font the window / control is using?

Any thought or other ideas on how to read this data?

Sounds to me like you pretty much answered your own question on what you need to do. If the text is owner drawn, then I can't seem wm_gettext working personally.

You'll find whatever solution you need more than likely by looking up the term OCR. I believe that ptrex did a nice little cert on how to use office and their ocr engine quite efficiently. http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50608

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.