Please Help

ZenMan

I'm new to autoit and coding and I wrote a script to extract data from a file and read a parameter file that specifies the input data that should be extracted from a each record. The data then needs to be placed in an output file based on various columns specified in the parameter file. I would like to know if anyone has an easy way of accomplishing this task. I would certainly be greatful for an example of how to position the multiple fields in the correct columns prior to writing the line out to the file.

.... I wrote a script to extract data from a file and read a parameter file .... I would certainly be greatful for an example of how to position the multiple fields in the correct columns prior to writing the line out to the file.

Welcome to the forums and AutoIt. It would be helpful if you included your script so we can see the direction or method you're using so far. This will help us work "with you" and not offer something that doesn't use the script you already have.

If you're looking for ideas on how to do this, one might be to read the files then put them into an array based on how you want the output file to be generated before writing the output file. Functions you'd want to look up in the Help file include, but not limited to: _FileReadToArray(), Dim, UBound(), FileWriteLine(), _FileWriteFromArray(), etc. Since you're looking for "examples" you'll not that each function I've mentioned has example code that you can copy and paste and modify. Playing around with the example code is a great way of understanding what's going on.

Sure it's not as easy as asking someone to write it for you, then again that's not the idea behind this forum. Many will agree that if you need someone to script something for you, an option might be to visit www.rentacoder.com.