File Install

Skrip

Why isn't FileInstall working at all for me? I've tried exe's...txt's. Nothing is working.

FileInstall("C:\Users\Derek Shaheen\Desktop\WoW\WoWIDs\GMCommands.txt", "C:\test1.txt")

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No error messages. Just..nothing happends.

>"C:\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\AutoIt3\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\AutoIt3" /UserParams

+>15:59:48 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.2

>Running AU3Check (1.54.9.0) from:C:\AutoIt3

+>15:59:48 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.8.1):C:\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\AutoIt3\test.au3"

+>15:59:48 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

+>15:59:49 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 1.918

Edited by Firestorm

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Are you running this just from Scite or have you tried to compile it?

If not try compiling it, when uncompiled it uses a copy method as apposed to a real install extraction and see if you get an error

The reason I ask the above, is this code from Scite does not fail

Fileinstall ("dave.txt", @desktopdir & "\tempor.txt")

The truth is Dave.txt doesn't exist

When I try to compile it the compile errors with can not find Dave.txt or words to that effect

Just tried compiling. Didn't work still..I'll add error checking for the compiled version.

Still no error, and no fileinstall. I just updated autoit to try that. Still no.

Edited by Firestorm

Tried it with the overwrite flag. Nope...To the best of my knowlage it doesn't exist.

Tried doing a different file?

Choose a file from Windows Directory and fileinstall it to your desktop.

Have you tried doing FileCopy("C:\Users\Derek Shaheen\Desktop\WoW\WoWIDs\GMCommands.txt", "C:\test1.txt") just to see if it will copy

Why is the root folder called Users and not Documents and Settings?

I dunno..I think it's because it's vista. I dunno..

• Moderators

Does FileMove() work on Vista?

A temp fix could be FileInstall() to a @somedir and then FileMove() to the temp dir if FileMove() in fact does work.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Does FileMove() work on Vista?

A temp fix could be FileInstall() to a @somedir and then FileMove() to the temp dir if FileMove() in fact does work.

That's a good idea. According to the help file, you can't use a variable as a parameter in FileInstall and I don't like installing in "C:\". I preffer the @TempDir.

• Moderators

That's a good idea. According to the help file, you can't use a variable as a parameter in FileInstall and I don't like installing in "C:\". I preffer the @TempDir.

You can't use a variable as the 1st Parameter of FileInstall, there's nothing wrong with using it in the 2nd parameter.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.