Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chetwood

How to select from menu bar?

4 posts in this topic

I'm working on extending my puny DVD Shrink batch processing tool. I want to acces the menu bar item 'File' and then 'Close All Open DVDs'.

I've tried

WinMenuSelectItem("DVD Shrink 3.2", "", "&File", "Close All Open DVDs")

but to no avail. From reading the help file I'm guessing Shrink is not using a standard menu but a toolbar. However, using AU3_Spy I do not get any control name for this menu so I cannot use ControlSend nor ControlClick.

For the time being I'm using 'send' commands as a workaround but this is not very elegant, especially as I don't know how to send several commands in a row. Do I really have to use it like this:

WinActivate("DVD Shrink 3.2", "")
Send ( "!f" )
Send ( "{UP}" )
Send ( "{UP}" )
Send ( "{ENTER}" )

? TIA.

MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)MultiShrink: batch processing for DVD ShrinkOffizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

I don't have the program and don't feel like downloading it onto this PC here so I can only make some suggestions

I want to acces the menu bar item 'File' and then 'Close All Open DVDs'.

WinMenuSelectItem("DVD Shrink 3.2", "", "&File", "Close All Open DVDs")
Are you sure that "Close All Open DVDs" has no hotkey assigned that needs to be prepended by a &? Newer windows versions dont always show them. There's a setting somewhere in the windows display settings (somewhere in effects). But it's also possible that its no standard menu control like you already guessed. In this case only Send() will help.

For the time being I'm using 'send' commands as a workaround but this is not very elegant, especially as I don't know how to send several commands in a row. Do I really have to use it like this:

WinActivate("DVD Shrink 3.2", "")
Send ( "!f" )
Send ( "{UP}" )
Send ( "{UP}" )
Send ( "{ENTER}" )
Send('!f{UP 2}{ENTER}')

Are you sure that "Close All Open DVDs" has no hotkey assigned that needs to be prepended by a &? Newer windows versions dont always show them.

Yep, I am sure and I also know this setting. If you've enabled it you gotta press ALT to make those hotkeys visible. Well, seems I gotta work with 'send' here but putting all commands in one row makes it less painful :) Thanks.

MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)MultiShrink: batch processing for DVD ShrinkOffizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

There are many bit of software where the

WinMenuSelectItem does not work.

DVD shrink and Scite are 2 of them

CheersNobby