genarating new exe out of script..

well i want to make a settings script that will genarate script kinda like here

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54172

and i have no idea where to start can somone please help' i saw inthis thread the answer of TzarAlkex and it seems the best but i cant seem to find "Command Line Parameters" im realy looking for it and i would much appriciate if somone will teach me on how to do that... ty

ty but all i see there is how to execute a command =/ i need it to genarate exe file like au3 and compile it self by the user settings

i want my script to be just for configuring and after the user set his settings it will genarate another exe with those settings in it

• Moderators

You can run a plain AutoIt script from any self made AutoIt executable, by using /AutoIt3ExecuteScript.

It won't be compiled (It will run like it was though), but you can allow the user to set custom settings, and just use FileWrite() to make the changes.

It will be plenty of work on your part, but it can be done.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Have a look under the heading "Compiling Scripts" in the help file. This will find you this information:

Method 3 - The Command Line

The Aut2Exe.exe program can be run from the command line as follows:

Aut2exe.exe /in <infile.au3> [/out <outfile.exe>] [/icon <iconfile.ico>] [/nodecompile] [/comp 0-4] [/pass <passphrase>] [/nopack] [/ansi] [/unicode]

Long filenames should be enclosed in double-quotes like "C:\Program Files\Test\test.au3". If no "out" file is given the input filename is used with a .exe extension.