Possible to make replacement quicklaunch toolbar?

Ok, so I need to make a small application to replace the quicklaunch toolbar. I have made a GUI that will launch all the programs and stuff, that is not the hard part. The problem now is that the GUI that I made is going to possibly cover up part of whatever application the user is running, so my boss wants me to put it on the taskbar right next to the start menu button where the quicklaunch normally is. Does anyone know if this is possible to do with autoit?

I've looked around on the forums for something similar, and found a lot about making toolbars like at the top of MS word, but I need one that will go on the taskbar. Any comments/help/suggestions are welcome!

Ok, so I need to make a small application to replace the quicklaunch toolbar. I have made a GUI that will launch all the programs and stuff, that is not the hard part. The problem now is that the GUI that I made is going to possibly cover up part of whatever application the user is running, so my boss wants me to put it on the taskbar right next to the start menu button where the quicklaunch normally is. Does anyone know if this is possible to do with autoit?

I've looked around on the forums for something similar, and found a lot about making toolbars like at the top of MS word, but I need one that will go on the taskbar. Any comments/help/suggestions are welcome!

If you mean an interface for the running app, I don't think it's possible with or without AutoIt. The items in the quick launch area are just ordinary shortcuts placed in %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch. The only context menu they have is the one for shortcuts, nothing app specific.

If you want a interface to the app, then look at TrayMenu stuff, and work with the context off the tray icon.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law