Sign in to follow this  
jruelan

Screen Capture

jruelan

hello, good day to everyone, I used Paul Campbell's Auto3Lib Screen Capture function heres the script:

$Handle=WinGetHandle("Untitled - Notepad")

Sleep(500)

_ScreenCap_CaptureWnd ("screenshot.jpg",$Handle)

Sleep(500)

I get a clipped picture, Why is that so? should i use a bigger sleep value? tnx anyone

Edited by jruelan

Generator

You don't need any sleep at all.

jruelan

i still get a clipped picture, only three fourths of the window is being captured,

uhm, i used the script inside a loop for about 5 times, each with different filenames of course... maybe the speed of the loop is making the picture clipped???

Generator

Make sure you are gettin the correct handle of the window.

Edit: It works fine for me

Edited by Generator

jruelan

i think i am getting the correct handle because some of the screenshots are correct then the next are already clipped, then correct screenshots again, the results are arbitrary...

Foy

what's the #include?

Can you post your full script, capturing windows would be sweet for my quadratics program. :)

Generator

what's the #include?

Can you post your full script, capturing windows would be sweet for my quadratics program. :)

It's in Auto3Lib by PaulIA, search around the forum, about your quadratics program, didn't know what it does, and had error and had to exit it. Next time i run it it says it has expired(if you are selling this make sure donate money to jon). and uninstall had problem because the directory was pointed to C:, a way to fix this is while you doing the install, use the variable(file location) and use FileWrite() to write a batch file, which isn't limited to C and works great.

guwguw

what's the #include?

#include <A3LScreenCap.au3>

and the function is _ScreenCap_Capture