Sign in to follow this  
Skizmata

Sending Keys To Minimized/Hidden

Skizmata

How would I send key presses to a Hidden (of if that is impossible minimized) window? Yes I know this has been asked before and yes I have searched but to no avail. If you know of a thread where this topic is covered well please explain your search process used to find it.

AutoIt changed my life.

Skizmata

Thanks, this is a good start. I will report back here as to how it goes in case anyone else can benefit from it.

*edit*

That worked however let me walk whoever might be trying this through to problem I had. When looking at the help file for ControlSend() i see...

ControlSend ( "title", "text", controlID, "string" [, flag] )

What I have had a hard time figuring out is where do I find the "Text" or controlID I still have not got the "Text" figured out but it seems the controlID is the window "Class" & "Instance". Can someone explain this to me I see "controlID" nowhere in the "AutoIt 3 Window Info" tool.

Edited by Skizmata

AutoIt changed my life.

Nahuel

Thanks, this is a good start. I will report back here as to how it goes in case anyone else can benefit from it.

*edit*

That worked however let me walk whoever might be trying this through to problem I had. When looking at the help file for ControlSend() i see...

ControlSend ( "title", "text", controlID, "string" [, flag] )

What I have had a hard time figuring out is where do I find the "Text" or controlID I still have not got the "Text" figured out but it seems the controlID is the window "Class" & "Instance". Can someone explain this to me I see "controlID" nowhere in the "AutoIt 3 Window Info" tool.

No, you see the text parameter is for the text in the window. If you got the title right, you can leave that parameter blank

( ControlSend ( "title", "", controlID, "string" [, flag] )

-edit-

Open your AutoIt Window info tool and click on the 'Control' tab. Use the finder tool and move it over the control you want to work with. I usually work with CLASSNN. For example, let's say you want to send text to the edit control of notepad. This is what you would use:

Run("notepad")
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "[CLASSNN:Edit1]", "This is some text")

Read here.

Edited by Nahuel