Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cew27

basic gui

13 posts in this topic

right im trying to create a program that is just like the process list on the task manager process tab

i have wrapper installed but i running into ptoblems already ...

when i go to gui editor i can create the gui and when i exit it puts the code in the open script .... i get that bit ... but how do i edit some script in the gui editor that already exists?

my next question is when im creating the list of all the processes what whould i want them to be displayed in ??? a label i presume but im just double checking

thanks

damn it ... please move to guo support ... sorry didnt see that section :">

No Code = No Help

8)

NEWHeader1.png

what do you mean ....

im just wondering ... if i want to display a list of processes what would i use to display them .... a label, a list or a edit box?

ok thanks ... what editor should i use ?? the gui editor or koda??

ok i made a gui using kida but i customized it and now the script is a but long so i will make just a base one tomorrow and try to insert the auto it script to animate it

now off to bed :)

thanks for the help

I'd say to just write it longhand... I never got into Koda, though it looks good.

I'd say to just write it longhand... I never got into Koda, though it looks good.

You are a masochist. unless you are only making a very simple gui. Anything over a few labels and buttons is a job for Koda AFAIC.

You are a masochist. unless you are only making a very simple gui. Anything over a few labels and buttons is a job for Koda AFAIC.

I've never used it myself, and I can guarantee I've made more elaborate GUI's than most here.

It's a preference really, you visually see your output in koda, as I imagine it while I'm writing the code itself.

Of course Koda wasn't around when I first started so all my GUI's were done by hand anyway.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I've never used it myself, and I can guarantee I've made more elaborate GUI's than most here.

It's a preference really, you visually see your output in koda, as I imagine it while I'm writing the code itself.

Of course Koda wasn't around when I first started so all my GUI's were done by hand anyway.

Well, my statement still stands, all you have proved is that you too are a masochist. :)

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

It's not masochism if I find it more painful to manage RAD-generated code than I find it to manage self-written code, is it? That's how I see it, and I also create my GUIs by hand ;)

Edit: (Disclaimer) I haven't tried Koda, but other RAD utilities I've used in the past for other languages have left somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth :)

Edited by -Ultima-

[ WinINet.au3 | Array.au3 (Optimized) | _UnixTimeParse() ]