calendar on your wallpaper

james3mg

Just make sure the resulting file has a .zip at the end...mine didn't when I tested the link.

I'm thinking that might be caused by the filename. It could be looking like a double extension.

I could rename the file but you will have to change the links.

Let me know.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I'm thinking that might be caused by the filename. It could be looking like a double extension.

I could rename the file but you will have to change the links.

Let me know.

I agree with your assessment, and I didn't mean to speak ill of your service. <_< I think let's leave it as-is...hopefully people around here can figure out how to change the extension if they forget and get a .dll, especially since it patently has to be unzipped before use; I think they'll notice.

Thanks again.

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

I agree with your assessment, and I didn't mean to speak ill of your service. <_< I think let's leave it as-is...hopefully people around here can figure out how to change the extension if they forget and get a .dll, especially since it patently has to be unzipped before use; I think they'll notice.

Thanks again.

Your choice.

Not much difference between

ImageMagickObject.dll.zip

and

ImageMagickObjectDll.zip

And all I have to do is FTP the folder and do a rename.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Thanks for the file.

Very cool, I can't wait to play with this some more.

One thing though. It didn't seem to set the bg right away. I had to go in and set it, but it was there.

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

One thing though. It didn't seem to set the bg right away. I had to go in and set it, but it was there.

Let me guess...are you using XP? Seems that Vista uses the _ChangeWallpaper function (that I still haven't found who to credit for) quite well, but XP is...well...iffy on when it works (and as I noted, only works on .bmp files, though vista works on any legal format).

It DOES take about 8 seconds to actually do the image edits however, regardless of the OS, as each number is written by itself in a distinct call of the COM object, and it's not the speediest dll I've ever seen. I tried to write each week in one call, but the alignment got all screwy (I probably needed to switch to a monospace font), so that's how I got it to look right. So just make sure the script has exited (look for the tray icon) before you go in and do it manually. From your post however, it sounds like you'd given it plenty of time, and it indeed had not worked. Also, you might try a desktop refresh (F5 or through the desktop context menu) to see if the refresh call through the DLL didn't take.

Anyway, glad you liked it! Be sure to share any cool functions you find/make with Image Magick! <_<

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110