Automated installation help

Hi guys

I have been tasked with installing some cisco software for our phones but unfortunatly cisco did not want to add a silent install function so i need to automate it.

I have managed to do this using the WinWaitActive and controlClick commands but i have encountered an issue in testing.

The problem i have is different machines take different amounts of time to reach points within the installation that rquire interaction. So i cant just use sleep commands.

I need to be able to wait for a class to become active within the "installer" window before the script continues.

Here is what i have so far

;Run exe

Run( "\\*****\d$\software\Public\Cisco\Cisco CTIOS Agent\Patch_7_1_4\CTIOS7.1.4.exe")

;Wait for the installation window to become active

WinWait("Installer")

;Focus on the installation Window

WinActivate("Installer")

;click Next

ControlClick("Installer", "", "[CLASS:Button; TEXT: Next > ; INSTANCE:2]")

;Here is where the problem starts after clicking the above next i need to wait an unknown amount of time. So i used the following line to pause

;the script until the next window is active.

WinWaitActive("Installer", "CLASS:Button; TEXT: Next > ; INSTANCE:2]", "")

This seems to work to a point. The script does pause but does not unpause when the install window has buttons present in it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks

I noticed you want to do a silent install. You could look into using InstallShield. What you could do is have a clean PC. Take a snapshot to have a baseline. Perform the install. Take a second snapshot, and get the changes. Those changes would be used in your build. That build would be a silent install, and get what you want.

If you want to do the route you are going, take a look at making a loop that sends a click to the control in question say once a second. This would allow for the variance.

I noticed you want to do a silent install. You could look into using InstallShield. What you could do is have a clean PC. Take a snapshot to have a baseline. Perform the install. Take a second snapshot, and get the changes. Those changes would be used in your build. That build would be a silent install, and get what you want.

If you want to do the route you are going, take a look at making a loop that sends a click to the control in question say once a second. This would allow for the variance.

Thanks for the reply. I think the loop option would probably be the quickest resolution i will give it a try