Newbe problem with _IEDocGetObj.au3

aruest

I just downloaded AutoIt v3 yesterday. I want to automate accessing of a particular website. But I cannot even run the example scripts without getting the same error message over and over again:

AutoIt Error

Line 2449 (File:'C:\Program Files(x86)\Autoit 3\Include\IE.au3'):

Return $o_Object.document

Return $o_Object.document^Error

Error: The requested action with this object has failed

Plus whenever I run the script, it opens two (2) browser windows. The first remains blank with the message «Connecting» in the tab. The second will open a few seconds after the first window and show the correct website, but nothing further happens. After a minute or two, I then get the above error message.

I am running 64bit Vista Ultimate.

Please help! I have not slept all night just trying to figure what is wrong!

While writing the above post, I decided to dowload AutiIt V3 to my other laptop running Win XP. It works right away. No error message. So the problem is most probably related to Vista 64-bit. Any one know how to work around this issue?

Yes, it is Vista and new security - see workarounds here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=416381

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Yes, it is Vista and new security - see workarounds here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=416381

Dale

Hey! Great thanks!

I turned off Vista's UAC (User Account Control) and the scripts work.

This UAC sh*t is a real PITA.

Somehow, after suffering Vista for the last 4 months I don't think it's such a great step forward except for the cool GUI. For evrything else XP seems better. Comments?