AutoEditDebugger

martin

I can't extract the zip file. I get the following message.

Winzip cannot open file: it does not apperar to be a valid archive

I have tested the download again and I don't get that problem. I can download the zip from the first post, I can unzip it to get a link, I double click on the link and I download a second zip, and I can unzip that file to get the udf.

Which zip are you having the problem with?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't tried running the debugger on Vista until I read your post. I just tried on a 64 bit version and it fails to create the debugging code, possibly because regread failed to get the path for the AutoIt installation folder.

On a 32 bit version of Vista I would have expected it to run. You say it crashes as soon as the window is shown but which window? Do you mean the first window? What is the error message?

What version of AutoIt do you have? The latest download works with Production 3.2.12.1 and Beta 3.2.13.3.

Well, there's 2 crashes sort of. The first one happened before any GUI window was shown, also in SciLexer.dll. I removed the Docs.aed file since it referenced your scripts and a "Q" drive, and now it crashes when (I assume) the main window is shown - it has some buttons, File Edit and Tools menus. I can't see anything else as the window is not drawn completely. I get the same crash with prod v3.2.12.0 and beta v3.2.13.1. This crash happened when running through SciTE, but the same happens when running a compiled version. Here's the crash info -

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: autoit3.exe

Application Version: 3.2.13.3

Application Timestamp: 485de483

Fault Module Name: SciLexer.DLL

Fault Module Version: 1.7.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4497fa21

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00006b18

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: b4c3

Additional Information 2: f9cdee001b256ac515e9436c696eed05

Additional Information 3: eebb

Additional Information 4: 0de43be0968b2263f1a632a7504cff1a

Edited by wraithdu

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't tried running the debugger on Vista until I read your post. I just tried on a 64 bit version and it fails to create the debugging code, possibly because regread failed to get the path for the AutoIt installation folder.

On a 32 bit version of Vista I would have expected it to run. You say it crashes as soon as the window is shown but which window? Do you mean the first window? What is the error message?

For me it opens, but cannot run the script. 32 bit Vista Ultimate with UAC off, quad-core with 4GB. Running as administrator makes no difference.

Posted Image

What version of AutoIt do you have? The latest download works with Production 3.2.12.1 and Beta 3.2.13.3.

For me it opens, but cannot run the script. 32 bit Vista Ultimate with UAC off, quad-core with 4GB. Running as administrator makes no difference.

Posted Image

I assume that the file for the debug code cannot be created for some reason.

Could you insert the following line in the file mgebugIt001.au3

MsgBox(262144,'File to debug is',$sFileToDebug)

just before the line (About line number 69)

_PathSplit($sFileToDebug, $sDrive, $sDir, $sFName, $x)

and let me know what it says.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Ooops.

This is very embarassing.

But I have to own up.

I got confused about whose debugger is whose. The screenshot I posted is not from your debugger.

Sorry 'bout that.

(It turns out that the other debugger doesn't work when the debugged file is in the root directory of the disk).

OK, back to yours. It crashes the instant I try to open a file under Vista, and the file is not in the root directory:

Posted Image

I installed it into an XP VM, and it had no problems ... but it didn't seem to do anything. I set it to stop on line 2 of a simple script, and when I clicked Run it did pretty much nothing. Am I missing something?

Posted Image

Ooops.

This is very embarassing.

But I have to own up.

I got confused about whose debugger is whose. The screenshot I posted is not from your debugger.

Sorry 'bout that.

(It turns out that the other debugger doesn't work when the debugged file is in the root directory of the disk).

OK, back to yours. It crashes the instant I try to open a file under Vista, and the file is not in the root directory:

Posted Image

I installed it into an XP VM, and it had no problems ... but it didn't seem to do anything. I set it to stop on line 2 of a simple script, and when I clicked Run it did pretty much nothing. Am I missing something?

Posted Image

The script has an error on line 3.

$splort -1,,

doesn't make any sense. Remove that or comment it out. The script should run ok.

The first thing that should happen is that the script is converted to the debug version. For a short script like yours the progress bar shown might not be displayed long enough to notice it. The Window at the right which shows the variables should show the current line number at the top. (It's covered by the breakpoint window in your screen shot.) Try stepping using a button with a step mark.

I'm interested to know what problems you have in case it's a problem using this debugger with 32bit versions of Vista.

The script has an error on line 3.

$splort -1,,

doesn't make any sense. Remove that or comment it out. The script should run ok.

I know, I put it in on purpose. I expected some kind of error message from somewhere.

The first thing that should happen is that the script is converted to the debug version. For a short script like yours the progress bar shown might not be displayed long enough to notice it. The Window at the right which shows the variables should show the current line number at the top. (It's covered by the breakpoint window in your screen shot.) Try stepping using a button with a step mark.

I tried the stepping button, nothing seemed to happen. I'll try again looking at that current line number indicator.

I'm interested to know what problems you have in case it's a problem using this debugger with 32bit versions of Vista.

It sure looks like a problem with Vista. But I have no idea what to do about it.

OK, here's what happens when I load a script (running under Windows XP) and click the black-footprint (single-step) button.

• The script path appears in the "Debugging script" box.
  • "Running {script path} in debugger" appears in blue in the lower window
  • The "At line" box remains blank.
and that's all. Nothing else.

Posted Image

OK, here's what happens when I load a script (running under Windows XP) and click the black-footprint (single-step) button.

• The script path appears in the "Debugging script" box.
  • "Running {script path} in debugger" appears in blue in the lower window
  • The "At line" box remains blank.
and that's all. Nothing else.

Posted Image

Can you tell me what verion of UatoIt you are running? I assume 3.2.12.1 from one of your screen shots.

Can you try this:

In the file NomadMemory.au3 find the line containing

$SE_PRIVILEGE_ENABLED

and replace that variable with 0x00000002

It's about line 259 and should be like this after you've changed it.

DLLStructSetData($TOKEN_PRIVILEGES,2,0x00000002,(3 * $nTokenIndex));$SE_PRIVILEGE_ENABLED = 0x00000002

then save the file and try again.

If that doesn't help then, if you are willing to help me find the problem, I'll send you a version to trace where the program gets to.

Can you tell me what verion of UatoIt you are running? I assume 3.2.12.1 from one of your screen shots.

Yup.

Can you try this:

OK, it makes no difference. I un-did the change. (BTW, it looks as if un-commenting a line at around line 5 of the script would have the same effect).

If that doesn't help then, if you are willing to help me find the problem, I'll send you a version to trace where the program gets to.

Sure, I'll try it.

• 1 month later...

i downloaded the file "AutoEditorDebugger10B.zip" several times. it cannot be executed.

neither with winzip, nor with winrar nor with 7zip.

seems file is damaged.

j.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

i downloaded the file "AutoEditorDebugger10B.zip" several times. it cannot be executed.

neither with winzip, nor with winrar nor with 7zip.

seems file is damaged.

j.

I just tried it and it all works fine so the file cannot be damaged.

If you click on the link in the first post for AutoEditorDebugger10B.zip you will download a zip file. When you extract the file from that you get a link. Double click the link and it will download the UDF in a zip file which can then be extracted.

• 2 months later...

Sorry that I am posting on such an old thread, but I really like this editor/debugger and would like to use it. The only thing holding me back from doing so is a rather obnoxious bug where the text area seems to be sized beyond the window's coords, so I cannot scroll all the way down long scripts, the scrollbar is sized incorrectly for the window so I cannot scroll all the way down without the scrollbar disappearing, and I cannot see the output panel in all of the screenshots. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this bug, and if anyone knows how to fix it.

I REALLY wish I had found this earlier :mellow: it's going to be very nice when I am able to use it.

Thanks~

Sorry, scratch that. I guess config.ini was incorrectly written to, so OutPutHeight was set to -1270, so I reset it to a positive int and just dragged it to the desired height when I reloaded the editor. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem.

-T8

Edited by t8inevergreen

• 1 year later...

Another update.

Improved stepping speed, improved Line Breaks. Minor fixes and improvements.

See first post.

Hi and keep up the great work! ... I have been looking around for a debugger for AU3 that works for me for a while and this has been the closest working yet. As of 18th Dec, 2009 - v3.3.2.0 of AutoIT the AdlibEnable/AdlibDisable functions found in AutoMonItorDb.au3 have been replaced by AdlibRegister/AdlibUnRegister

Hi and keep up the great work! ... I have been looking around for a debugger for AU3 that works for me for a while and this has been the closest working yet. As of 18th Dec, 2009 - v3.3.2.0 of AutoIT the AdlibEnable/AdlibDisable functions found in AutoMonItorDb.au3 have been replaced by AdlibRegister/AdlibUnRegister

Thanks, but after I had problems getting RazorM's editor to work in Vista I stopped work on this. Maybe I should have changed to use Scite but there was never much interest.