Followers 0
ffdshow

Install a codec

7 posts in this topic

I tried to "translate" this batch script for install a codec:

rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 %~dp0camcodec.inf

into AutoIt.

This:

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128" & "\camcodec.inf")

does not work.

The files is in the same folder with autoit script.

I tried to "translate" this batch script for install a codec:

rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 %~dp0camcodec.inf

into AutoIt.

This:

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128" & "\camcodec.inf")

does not work.

The files is in the same folder with autoit script.

Perhaps a spacing issue? With your example, the run command would be rendered (...DefaultInstall 128\camcodec.inf")

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128\camcodec.inf")

Not working

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128\camcodec.inf")

Not working

What I was trying to suggest was that you need an extra space in there. Your original code example:

Would execute the line: "rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128\camcodec.inf"

However, your original batch file appears to have a space between 128 and camcodec.inf - SO to resolve the spacing issue, I'd try:

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128" & " \camcodec.inf")

or, since the concatenated ("&") portion is serving no purpose here, try rather:

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 \camcodec.inf")

Also, I don't know that the backslash("\") is really necessary before camcodec.inf either for .INF installations, so you may be able to trim that out as well.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

I got the message Installation failed with this line and the others:

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 camcodec.inf")

Thx anyway.

I got the message Installation failed with this line and the others:

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 camcodec.inf")

Thx anyway.

Did a quick double-check on INF installation parameters, etc. Give this one a try:

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 " &@ScriptDir &"\camcodec.inf")

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Did a quick double-check on INF installation parameters, etc. Give this one a try:

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 " &@ScriptDir &"\camcodec.inf")
Thanks man this work just fine. Thx for your effort <_< Edited by ffdshow