IE Functions

Regency

Yo, I am seriously at a loss for what i can do with this..

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE=_IECreate("http://www.themafianetwork.net/userlogin.aspx?")
$oUser=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"txtuid")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oUser,"P*****")
$oPass=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"txtpwd")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oPass,"*****")
$oLogIn=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"Button1")
_IEAction($oLogIn,"click")

I don't understand the IE functions for this site... I am so at a loss for how to do stuff with the IE functions. One thing is this comes up with a small screen, dunno why and i dunno how to maximize it. Also don't know how to find another lick to click and go from there.. anyone got a tort. for this IE shit? I am soo lost.. Yes i looked at the IE.au3 things.. and still lost

I noticed you read my other topic where I'm cursing at the same stuff, so you know I can't help with that, heh.

However, would you be opposed to doing it a less reliable way? For example, after the page loads..you could just press tab or shift+tab until the text box is active. I would suggest shift+tab, since theres so many damn links to go through. For example:

Send("+{TAB 9}");Presses SHIFT+TAB 9 times
Send("Username")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("Password")
Send("{TAB 2}")
Send("{SPACE}");equivalent to clicking on login button

You just have to adjust the "TAB 9" to however many shift tabs you need.

Granted, this is a really shitty way, but it's what I'd probably do lol. You could probably use Controlsend for a bit more reliability and mesh it in with the IE commands that you could get to work, such as the window opening one.

If you want to do it the IE way..you'd probably have to go into a little more detail than "a small screen" comes up. I don't know what you're talking about, or what you wanted done with that screen. Even then, I probably can't help you.

Edited by Nevin

Yo, I am seriously at a loss for what i can do with this..

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE=_IECreate("http://www.themafianetwork.net/userlogin.aspx?")
$oUser=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"txtuid")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oUser,"P*****")
$oPass=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"txtpwd")
$oLogIn=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"Button1")
_IEAction($oLogIn,"click")

I don't understand the IE functions for this site... I am so at a loss for how to do stuff with the IE functions. One thing is this comes up with a small screen, dunno why and i dunno how to maximize it. Also don't know how to find another lick to click and go from there.. anyone got a tort. for this IE shit? I am soo lost.. Yes i looked at the IE.au3 things.. and still lost

Looks fine and seems to test fine for me. what's wrong?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I don't understand what you are asking for. Please be more specific.

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I just wanted someone to kinda explain whats going on with it.. and how i would go on about adding to it..

Now I'm confused. You want to add to it, but you don't even know what it does? Why would you want to do anything with it then?

#include <IE.au3> ;Includes the _IE functions so they can be used
$oIE=_IECreate("http://www.themafianetwork.net/userlogin.aspx?") ;Opens a browser and goes to that website, assigns the browser a variable name
$oUser=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"txtuid") ;On the webpage (I assume) the textbox for your username is caled "txtuid", this assigns that object a variable name
_IEFormElementSetValue($oUser,"P*****") ;This puts the value "P*****" into that box
$oPass=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"txtpwd") ;same as two above lines, except for the password
$oLogIn=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"Button1") ;Sets a variable name for the login button
_IEAction($oLogIn,"click") ;Simulates a mouseclick on the login button.

It just logs you into that website, assuming it works. I already wrote you that cheesy script which would do the same thing, mine just needs you to set how many tabs you need, depending on your browser, and how much crap you've got in your toolbars.