Sign in to follow this  
Matt @ MPCS

Automating the GIMP

Matt @ MPCS

Has anyone tried to automate the GIMP before? The GIMP requires gtk+ for its widget set so I was thinking it wouldn't be possible to use the control* commands. Am I wrong here?

*** Matt @ MPCS

Matt @ MPCS

It was ported using Cygwin, that is why it requires the gtk+ for windows use. It can be found here.

*** Matt @ MPCS

EDIT: The download page is down on the other link, you can download the installer from here. Wingimp.org contains better tutorials and links to a full html book about how to use the gimp.

Edited by Matt @ MPCS

Josbe

It was ported using Cygwin, that is why it requires the gtk+ for windows use. It can be found here.

*** Matt @ MPCS

EDIT: The download page is down on the other link, you can download the installer from here. Wingimp.org contains better tutorials and links to a full html book about how to use the gimp.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, Matt. :)

MythBusted

Has anyone recently done any work in automating GIMP? I've done some experimentation but have found quite a few problems, such as, for example, the window functions (WinActivate(), WinWaitActive()) don't seem to work with GIMP.

Thanks!

lod3n

GIMP has a built in macro language called Scheme. You might try looking at that.

However, if you want to do automated image processing, you'll find that ImageMagick is vastly superior.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]