Sign in to follow this  
Nabu

Initial question - out of focus applications

Nabu

Hello all.

I'm attempting to make a script for installing software on my computers at work. I've been trying to do it using Powershell, but I've been having problems with sending keystrokes to applications that don't have command line options.

I can do it with sendkeys (in fact, I've done it before with sendkeys in vbscript), but the application has to be in focus - so someone has to be logged on. And one of my goals is to have the installer run in the background when no one is logged on.

As part of my searches, I came across a recommendation for AutoIT. So, before I start digging too much, would I be able to do this through AutoIT, or am I just trying to fight against a windows thing?

Thanks,

Bill

Nahuel

Look in the help file for ControlSend() and ControlClick() <_<

Das Ami

Look in the help file for ControlSend() and ControlClick() <_<

But he wants to do it without beeing logged in, I don't think that's possible.

ScriptFanatic

But he wants to do it without beeing logged in, I don't think that's possible.

Hi

Can you exlain why it's not possible to send click or keystrokes when no user is logged on?

If I schedule a task, the task runs under the context of a certain user credentials.

Thanks,