Need to capture screen while computer locked

So I just noticed that the "Save" button is getting the focus applied to it, so the window is responding. I just can't click the "Save" button. Even "{ENTER}" or "{SPACE}" doesn't work, when the button is focused.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

Would this click Save for you?

Send("{LALT Down}")
Send("{s}")
Send ("{LALT Up}")

May this will help?

Disable the dialouge....

http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/e...1271199,00.html

Or go to internet explorer security tab and go to custom, and disable automatic prompting for downloads... Maybe that will help.

Hmm. that seems a little different then the dialog I am seeing, but possibly just a different version (mine doesn't have any checkbox). I will try it out. Thanks a lot.

Would this click Save for you?

Send("{LALT Down}")
Send("{s}")
Send ("{LALT Up}")
Well I'll give this a shot, but I don't know that it will do any different then what I already have:

ControlSend("File Download - Security Warning","", "", "{ALTDOWN}s{ALTUP}")

Thanks,

Eric

This seems like a rather accessibility-unfriendly dialog you're running into there.

I was thinking maybe use PixelChecksum to find the Save button itself, or PixelSearch to find the orange border of the button. Then position the mouse cursor over the button and click. These would not be too useful, though, if someone changed the theme, so you may want to avoid them unless you can find a theme-independent way to find the button.

This seems like a rather accessibility-unfriendly dialog you're running into there.

I was thinking maybe use PixelChecksum to find the Save button itself, or PixelSearch to find the orange border of the button. Then position the mouse cursor over the button and click. These would not be too useful, though, if someone changed the theme, so you may want to avoid them unless you can find a theme-independent way to find the button.

Yeah, this window is not very cooperative. Possibly intentionally so to prevent scripts from approving downloads on a locked machine? I don't think this will work due to the fact that windows does not respond to location based click commands when locked. So if I am correct in thinking that using the PixelChecksum and clicking would be similiar to a coordinate based click, windows will not respond to it when locked. Though when working on a machine that isn't locked this would probably be more robust then coordinate clicking...I'll have to try it out.

Thanks,

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away from this project for a while but had some time for it recently and have found something interesting:

The code does actually work, on a locked machine, as long as the screensaver is locked. So apparently when you lock a machine (this is Windows Server 2003, I am not sure about any other OS) the screensave comes on in some fashion (even though you can't see it) and interferes with the script, but with screensave disabled the windows and controls are more accesible. I havn't been able to investigate this very thoroughly, so I am not sure about the details, but it is interesting.

Thanks for all who helped,

Eric