How do I...

Introduction (Skip if you don't want to read a long line of text)

Hey, Me and my friends runs warcraft 3 pvpgn server. And the number of hackers increased dramatically, So we tried making our own anti-cheat application(Scans active processes and windows for hacks and closes it) which is made with auto-it.

But we kinda got stucked since they can still connect to the server even though the the anti-cheat application isn't running.

So here are our questions.

1.) Is it possible to make your script(compiled to .exe) run when you lunch a specific .exe file?(eg. War3.exe)

2.) How can we hide the tray icon when the script(compiled to .exe) is run?

I hope you can help us... We kinda new at auto-it and we're kinda stucked.

P.S. We tried searching but we always get no results.

Edited by Hypocrite

Is it possible to run the script/exe at startup? from the size of it I think it won't slow the the computer of the players

Or can you suggest some other ways? Since me and my buddies still don't know too much about the capabilities of Auto-It maybe veteran coders give us a clue on what to work on.

Edited by Hypocrite

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

Add your program to the list using RegWrite()

OK that solved most of our problems only problem left is that users can close it via "task manager"... Is there anyway we can hide it from there?

edit: And thank You so much for replying to this thread and answering our questions.

Edited by Hypocrite

• Moderators

OK that solved most of our problems only problem left is that users can close it via "task manager"... Is there anyway we can hide it from there?

edit: And thank You so much for replying to this thread and answering our questions.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.