Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Armand

Tree control with multiple choosing.

6 posts in this topic

hey there, i'd like to know if it's possible to make a tree view control which allows multiple highlighting/choosing.

- if it is possible, can you please suggest an example ?

p.s- i have searched and i am still searching and i haven't found nothing yet.

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

try: _TreeView_SetSelected(.......) from A3LTreeView

hey there, i'd like to know if it's possible to make a tree view control which allows multiple highlighting/choosing.

- if it is possible, can you please suggest an example ?

p.s- i have searched and i am still searching and i haven't found nothing yet.

I don't think TreeView allows multiple selections at all. There is a checkbox functionality in the Beta, and you can check/uncheck multiple nodes, but then you have to read their state one at a time to see if they are checked. Use the example script in the Beta help file under _GUICtrlTreeView_GetChecked() to see it.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

If you can't, you can "pseudo - select" an (or more) item(s) by background color

(A3 - Library -----> A3LTreeView ----> SetBkColor($hWnd, $hItem, $iColor) - from the exemple

Edited by grham

If you can't, you can "pseudo - select" an (or more) item(s) by background color

(A3 - Library -----> A3LTreeView ----> SetBkColor($hWnd, $hItem, $iColor) - from the exemple

Same result as the checkboxes: You'll have to recursively walk the tree to find out what's selected (either checked or a certain color).

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Same result as the checkboxes: You'll have to recursively walk the tree to find out what's selected (either checked or a certain color).

You are right.

May I have a "related" question?

I made once a TreeView with 2 colors - one for "My Folder" and another one for "Add To Recopilation"

Is it possible not to have "native" selection in a TreeView?

I tried this:

When you click on an item with bkcolor, this selection doesn't apear - OK.

but

for exemple on dragging get selected: the "olditem" and the "newitem"

When you turn this selection off (....SetSelected.....) on a selection so that

this selection disapears, it changes my bkcolor selected item to white=unselected

It doesn't work neither on steeling Focus ....