Followers 0
megahyperion

DirCreate

10 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I am using

DirCreate(@StartMenuDir & "\myprogram")
sleep(450)
FileCreateShortcut("C:\Program Files\myprogram\" & $filename & ".exe",@StartMenuDir & "\myname.lnk", "", "", "anything", "C:\Program Files\myicon.ico")

it does work, but it puts the start menu entry where it shouldnt go, well where I dont think it belongs anyway.

It puts it above all the other programs on its own line. The only other 2 things I have up their are the 2 msoffice linbks that go up there for ms access.

is there a way to get it to go in with the rest of the programs ?

thanks

Oh yeah dont mind the $filename section, the actual filename of what will be put in the start menu is a variable depend on user selectable options through the gui im using.

Edited by megahyperion

DUH !!!!!

I forgot to put

\programs in there

jeez, I need some sleep :)

DirCreate(@StartMenuDir & "\programs\myprogram")

Use DOS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL Python he already got it figured out before anyone could post :)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I understand what you are talking about, but my point was that he already solved the problem without trying to use a batch program. There is no reason to create a batch file when autoit can do it without a problem.

My total point in bringing all this up was just the simple fact he didnt need another answer :) I didnt know if you saw that :)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I saw it, but there are more ways to skin a cat. And I'm not sure of this, but a batch file will probably be easier to write, possibly smaller, and a lot quicker.

Yes thank you for explaining your logic. There are always more than one way to skin a cat :)

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I saw it, but there are more ways to skin a cat. And I'm not sure of this, but a batch file will probably be easier to write, possibly smaller, and a lot quicker.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The dircreate is triggered by an "OK" click in my gui.

and the dircreate only took up 3 lines in my script, it was pretty simple imo.

thanks for the suggestion though.

DOS =

MKDIR "C:\Program Files\Startup\NameHere"

1 line =) and no enter confirmation heh