Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt @ MPCS

Script Overhauls System

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I have a fairly complex script that I have been working on all week and I have finally got the bugs worked out. The problem is that at any time during the execution the script uses anywhere between ~ 85 - 97% of the CPU cycles.

Removed Links to Files per security policy

I would have posted the code except it is almost 350 lines which I believe is too long for a single post on a forum. I hope someone can help.

*** Matt @ MPCS

Edited by Matt @ MPCS

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I have a fairly complex script that I have been working on all week and I have finally got the bugs worked out. The problem is that at any time during the execution the script uses anywhere between ~ 85 - 97% of the CPU cycles.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/Matt%20@%20MPCS/WebCheck.au3 This link will only be available while this topic is open due to security restrictions within my organization.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/Matt%20@%20MPCS/WebCheck.ini

I would have posted the code except it is almost 350 lines which I believe is too long for a single post on a forum. I hope someone can help.

*** Matt @ MPCS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

didn't test the script but looking at it i wonder if it could be this piece and would adding a sleep(10) help ?

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Begin application loop
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While 1
   If( $tmrStatus ) Then
      If( TimerDiff( $tmrTime ) >= $aTimer ) Then
         RunCheck()
         $tmrTime = TimerInit()
      EndIf
   EndIf
   sleep(10)
Wend
Edited by JdeB

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I figured the processing that I do in there was enough but I'll add it and give it a shot. Thanks JdeB!

*** Matt @ MPCS

That did the trick, I did a slight variation of your suggested code but it worked. Thanks alot!

*** Matt @ MPCS

Is there any way that you could send me the unmodified verion of that script? I am trying to get the laggiest things possible!