Running a .exe with a transform file

Hello all-

I'm trying to run a setup.exe file that has a transform file included with it. I can't see to get the script to run the install with the tranform attached. It gets an error that it can't find the file. Here is what I have.

Run("I:\Install\OfficeENT03_admin\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=I:\Install\OfficeENT03_admin\HMNMH.MST /qb-")

What is the correct syntax for this?

thanks

Hello all-

I'm trying to run a setup.exe file that has a transform file included with it. I can't see to get the script to run the install with the tranform attached. It gets an error that it can't find the file. Here is what I have.

Run("I:\Install\OfficeENT03_admin\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=I:\Install\OfficeENT03_admin\HMNMH.MST /qb-")

What is the correct syntax for this?

thanks

It will really depend more on how setup.exe is constructed. MSIExec uses /T <Transform>. You may want to try that:

Run("I:\Install\OfficeENT03_admin\setup.exe /t I:\Install\OfficeENT03_admin\HMNMH.MST /qb-")

You may also want to use RunWait instead of just run so that you can retrieve the command's exit code more easily like this:

$Ret = RunWait ( "I:\Install\OfficeENT03_admin\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=I:\Install\OfficeENT03_admin\HMNMH.MST /qb-" )

Also, you'll need to play with quotes if any directory or file names in the command line have spaces (like My Documents).