OnEvent Mode & _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild

dani

OnEvent Mode works fine if you create TreeViewItems with the regular GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem, simply because this function returns a Control ID - which is required by GUICtrlSetOnEvent(). However, TreeView functionality has been increased greatly by GUITreeView.au3 as included in the Beta. You can now add Items with _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild, for example. However, it's not possible to use GUICtrlSetOnEvent on this function, since it returns an item handle. Is there any way to convert the handle to a control ID? Control ID to handle is done by simply calling ControlGetHandle.

This Control ID as used by existing functions as opposed to Handles used by all Beta functions is driving me crazy. You can't use any "old" functions with handles, though you can use the "new" functions with control IDs since you can simply get the handle. What is up with this weird stuff :/ ? I want to use OnEvent Mode for checkboxes in a TreeView which is recursively filled. However, I can not use the regular GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem cause it needs the control ID of the parent and all new nice functions like _GUICtrlTreeView_GetFirstChild etc return a handle...

Anyways, it's effectively impossible to use the OnEvent Mode together with the new _GUICtrlTreeView_Add function, intended behaviour or am I (hopefully) missing something?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. Anyway, I now simply use the standard GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem in some For loops to create all my nodes.

I'm still puzzled why Beta TreeView functions use handles (which can be obtained from controlIDs) and non-beta functions use controlIDs (which can not be obtained from handles).

Edited by D4ni