How to switch to an open process

japino

I've been searching the list of functions to find a way to switch to an open process, but I cannot find it. With "switch to an open process" I mean bringing that application to the foreground. I'm sure this can be done, but how?

Look at the prcoess* and the win*activ* functions.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Look at the prcoess* and the win*activ* functions.

I have read those functions, but they do not seem to allow me to switch to another process. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I assumed that there is a ready-made function which allows me to switch to another process - may be there is not? May be the idea is that I should cycle through the open processes and check window titles etc to find out which process I am in. Is that the way to do it?

Edited by japino

I have read those functions, but they do not seem to allow me to switch to another process. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I assumed that there is a ready-made function which allows me to switch to another process - may be there is not? May be the idea is that I should cycle through the open processes and check window titles etc to find out which process I am in. Is that the way to do it?

By and large, you have the tools to build what you need. The way you cite is one way to do it; there are several others that also come to mind. Should you decide to build one, consider giving back to the community, -- especially if your solution supports both wintitles and hwnds.

Someone else may be inspired to write one, or to donate one they've already written. There are also the pstools available from the microsoft purchased sysinternals.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.