How do I remove a program from Add/Remove Programs using AutoIt?

blender

Hi, all

I am trying to using AutoIt to write script that automatically remove a program from Add/Remove Programs. But so far I can't even launch the Add/Remove Programs. Anyone can help me? :P Another question will be: how to find the program to remove in Add/Remove Programs?

Thanks.

...so far I can't even launch the Add/Remove Programs...

Run("control appwiz.cpl")

...but that is not the best way to uninstall an application.

You might want to Google "silent uninstall" along with the name of the application of interest.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Thank you guys for the reply. I have to stick with Add/Remove Programs cuz I am trying to automate the uninstallation process for the product of my company. There's no silent uninstall for that... :P

Is there a way to find name of my program and click Change/Remove button in Add or Remove Programs without using MouseClick function?

Edited by blender

Take a look in the registry under

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

There you will find a uninstall sting just plug it into a run() file and place the proper swich i.e... ad-aware is (my version) MsiExec.exe /X{E31C358B-63A9-4CBF-8D7F-D932ABB63244}. Change the /X to what ever for silent. Also to test it paste it into the start run command.

Take a look in the registry under

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

There you will find a uninstall sting just plug it into a run() file and place the proper swich i.e... ad-aware is (my version) MsiExec.exe /X{E31C358B-63A9-4CBF-8D7F-D932ABB63244}. Change the /X to what ever for silent. Also to test it paste it into the start run command.

Thanks JamesDover. Can you give me some more details on this? I am new to this....Thanks!