Sign in to follow this  
coghlan

ControlSend <n> different items, app sees duplicates?

coghlan

My 3rd-party app form has an edit control and a number of list views and buttons.

I put together a function that accepts a string argument and sends it to the edit control and then clicks the SAVE button. If I call the script multiple times with, say "quick brown 1", "quick brown 2" and "quick brown 3", then on the 2nd, 3rd... call the application apparently sees "quick brown 1" again and asks if it's okay to replace the existing record.

The funny thing is, though, that if I click "YES" to replace "quick brown 1" after each call, at the end of all the calls the application has saved "quick brown 1", "quick brown 2" and "quick brown 3".

I tried putting "" in the edit control first before sending the actual string passed as a parameter to my function, hoping to remove any vestige of "quick brown 1", but to no avail.

Tomorrow I'll try manually entering the same data sequence, but I expect the app will "see" the correct data.

What could be going on here?

coghlan

My 3rd-party app form has an edit control and a number of list views and buttons.

I put together a function that accepts a string argument and sends it to the edit control and then clicks the SAVE button. If I call the script multiple times with, say "quick brown 1", "quick brown 2" and "quick brown 3", then on the 2nd, 3rd... call the application apparently sees "quick brown 1" again and asks if it's okay to replace the existing record.

The funny thing is, though, that if I click "YES" to replace "quick brown 1" after each call, at the end of all the calls the application has saved "quick brown 1", "quick brown 2" and "quick brown 3".

I tried putting "" in the edit control first before sending the actual string passed as a parameter to my function, hoping to remove any vestige of "quick brown 1", but to no avail.

Tomorrow I'll try manually entering the same data sequence, but I expect the app will "see" the correct data.

What could be going on here?

The problem was with the 3rd-party app, which issued an error indicating that the edit field contents were duplicated, when actually it was trying to indicate that there was another object (different name) with the same configuration.