Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AcidCorps

Project:Instant Messenger

5 posts in this topic

I'm currently working on a program that needs to be able to communicate with three instant messengers AIM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN, I have no idea where to even start with this and was hoping someone could give me a few links for references on how to start this, or atleast tell me if this is possible with AutoIt, also if anyone has good references for DllCalls I have never used this before and am reading up some on the forum but not quite understanding.

Thanks to anyone who can help

- Acid

Pidgen is one of the programs that showed me that this is possible, now since that is open source I could look at theres but thats in C++ which I am very very uneducated in (half a semester)

The thing is that I need this to be built into another program so I need to be able to edit the sources otherwise I would have used Pidgen

Pidgen is one of the programs that showed me that this is possible, now since that is open source I could look at theres but thats in C++ which I am very very uneducated in (half a semester)

The thing is that I need this to be built into another program so I need to be able to edit the sources otherwise I would have used Pidgen

Pidgin*

And I'm sure Pidgin has DLLs for all the services it connects to [AIM, Yahoo!, MSN] in one of the folders when you install it. I think I remember people making a dll for MySpaceIM and they put it in one of the folders and it connected. Maybe you could use those and find some documentation on the Pidgin website.

Signature.