Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johngu

Trouble issuing ctrl+c to copy text

5 posts in this topic

I wrote a very simple script to attempt to copy text from an open notepad (with text in it). While the ctrl+a seems to be received correctly (I see all the text in the notepad highlighted), no text is copied to the clipboard (when I issue ctrl+v by hand, nothing is pasted). Any thoughts? Sorry if this is a very newbie question - it just seems weird. Also, I don't want to use the GetText command because ctrl-c works with more control types, which is ultimately my goal. Thanks in advance for the help.

$title = "Untitled - Notepad"

Sleep(100)

ControlSend($title, "", 15, "^a")

Sleep(100)

ControlSend($title, "", 15, "^c")

Sleep(100)

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Try increasing the sleep delay between the select all and the copy and so on :P by the way what is this for?

Edited by Thatsgreat2345

Tried increasing the delays to 1000 ms. Still doesn't work. This is for reading text out of a game's custom control. When I issue ctrl-c normally, this works. But does not through AutoIt. So I tried on a simpler example...

I increased it to 500 in between the control a and control c, with notepad it worked. Does this game happen to have gameguard, or other game hacking prevention integrated?

$text = WinGetText("Untitled - Notepad", "")
MsgBox(0, "Text read was:", $text)

[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]