Help with z coords in 3D game.

Lehod

I am working on a game bot for a Sony MMORPG. Before you flame, this isn't a troll, it's a plea for help. I am not trying to make OobEr PhAt LeWtz, power level, etc. I am just getting entertainment out of seeing how well I can get the bot to play the game (think Turing-esque), and learn about AutoIt in the process.

How do these types of bots judge z coords?

I am sure there is a better way to do it then what I have come up with.

I am at work, and don't have my code, but this should give the basic idea. This is what I have working so far:

Scan the viewscreen for a color (monster's name color) to target.

If color not found and target is empty.

...Then move and scan again.

If color not found and monster is targeted.

...Then turn around and try to attack.

...Scan again.

If color is found

...Target monster.

...Turn right/left to move color (target) toward center of the screen, move forward, and scan again.

So the gist of it, is that I can find a monster, target it, keep running closer to it until I pass it, turn around, and bash it. While this works, there seems to be a "getto" quality to it that isn't quite satisfying, and in some situations it would be much nicer if I could avoid having to go past my target in order to determine where on the z (how far away) it is.

Since the monster will come to my location once provoked, I could just test for attackability until it succeeds, but I would like to use a similar logic scheme to locate and interact with stationary objects that must be in close proximity to be used.

I have looked though the forums, and the lessons-tutorials-123, and I can't find anything that seems to apply.

I hope I have explained myself well enough to warrant a response.

Thank you for your time,

Edited by Lehod

I think this depends Greatly on the game itself. but one method I have used would be to scan your hotbar icons as you move tword the mobb, which for alot of games remain grayed out until you are within striking distance. Another method I have used is creating an OCR for the distance readout on the radarmap but without actually knowing which game, i can only assume.

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

I think this depends Greatly on the game itself. but one method I have used would be to scan your hotbar icons as you move tword the mobb, which for alot of games remain grayed out until you are within striking distance. Another method I have used is creating an OCR for the distance readout on the radarmap but without actually knowing which game, i can only assume.

Thank you very much for your help.

The game is EQ2.

Scanning the hotbar might do the trick for MOBS, I'll find a button with a short range and try it out. Doing it OCR style might be a bit much for my skill level, but then again, that's how stuff gets learned.

Any thoughts on harvesting?

Also:

Any thoughts on accessing the chat log? I haven't played with it yet, so I really should wait to ask until I have sat down with it for a while, but I have already started this post. What I have in mind is a way to parse out the log on a semi-fly basis so I can create AFK-Fortune style messages etc. So when someone in the group says anything with the word "drink" in it, I can have it respond with "Make mine a double". etc. Could get annoying quick, so have to keep it to a minimum and not use common words, but I figure at some point I am going to want to pull current combat information out (from the same place) so the bot can make more informed decisions during combat. I assume it can't be that hard to get to with all the combat parsers out there.

You need to find the static X, Y and Z coords in the memory. Use tools such as TSearch or CheatEngine to do so. There's a lot of tutorials on the net on how to work with these tools. The problem is, there's probably none for EQ2. I was subscribed to EQ2, but my subscription run out a few days ago, else I would have helped you find them.

If we can make trial accounts in this game, I'll be glad to help you find those.

I'm currently at work, so I can't do it, but I'll help you when I get back if you're interest.

You can add me if you have msn: crash_man7@hotmail.com. Otherwise, just PM me. But there's a lot of infos to know :P