_IECreate _IENavigate and IEBodyReadHTML

fhanna

We are utilizing AutoIt3 for processing Outlook emails, viewing the source and if a embedded URL exist, performing an _IECreate, logon on to the site, document loads and do some printing etc, etc. All is working well if a single URL.

On rare occasions the url will point to a multiple listing page of urls for multiple documents. We do a _IENavigate to this page and scan the the code and strip out the muliple urls and place in an array. The urls point to the same domain just different documents.

We then process each element of the array providing the url to _IENavigate. The first document loads and provides a banner type page stating general information and then the software does an onclick function and loads the PDF into the browser.

When the software does a second _IENavigate the same banner page reappears but we cannot do a onclick function because on the 2nd document the _IEBodyReadHTML function errors out on the on our _IEErrorHandleRegister routine.

We know the URL is correct as we can compare the previous url in the IE address line to the last. The difference of the urls is a digit; example

https://xxx.xxxxxx.xxx/etc/etc/sequence=1/etc the next from the array is a 2

https://xxx.xxxxxx.xxx/etc/etc/sequence=2/etc

If we manually click on the email link and provide the authenication the banner page comes up from the first link but moving to the IE address bar, changing the sequence number to 2 and manually clicking on GO I do not get the same banner page, which is the correct way. The banner page should only display once regardless of the banner page.

I know this is much more complex and the code does not allow for simplicity for a sample.

Bottom line: It appears the _IENavigate incorporates the security banner page every link as opposed to just the first document.

Any help will be appreciated.

I can't say I really follow you here...

Does it help to know that _IEBodyReadHTML (an many other functions) will fail with a PDF loaded because the PDF plugin does not supply a standard Document Object Model (DOM)?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I can't say I really follow you here...

Does it help to know that _IEBodyReadHTML (an many other functions) will fail with a PDF loaded because the PDF plugin does not supply a standard Document Object Model (DOM)?

Dale

Dale

Thanks for the fast response. The issue is a web page displayed before linking to the pdf. I have confirmed there is nothing wrong with the IE functions. It is a timing issue and will need to debug it. Sorry for not keeping the problem as a KISS.

All appears to be working fine with the ie.au3 functions and they are great.

If I need additional support I will post.

Thank you.