Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pooorboy

Check for and create a directory

5 posts in this topic

I am having a hard time to check to make sure a directory exists. Here is the program. I am running it on windows XP.

ifexist, "%allusersprofile%\\Application Data\\Spybot - Search & Destroy", goto, Copy

FileCreateDir, "\\%allusersprofile%\\Application Data\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\"

Copy:

FileCopy, "g:\\apps\spynet\\configuration.ini", "%allusersprofile\\Application Data\\Spybot - Search & Destroy"

exit

What am I doing wrong?

can't be this easy, could it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for seeing the error. However, that is not the main problem. The directory does exist yet it does not jump to COPY:. It proceeds to the next line. The next line, if the the directory does not exists, is not created. So line 2 doesn't work either. Is my syntax wrong?

Thanks for seeing the error. However, that is not the main problem. The directory does exist yet it does not jump to COPY:. It proceeds to the next line. The next line, if the the directory does not exists, is not created. So line 2 doesn't work either. Is my syntax wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what about the missing "\\" infont of the filepath ?

ifexist, "\\%allusersprofile%\\Application Data\\Spybot - Search & Destroy", goto, Copy

FileCreateDir, "\\%allusersprofile%\\Application Data\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\"

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

what about the missing "\\" infont of the filepath ?

ifexist, "\\%allusersprofile%\\Application Data\\Spybot - Search & Destroy", goto, Copy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, doesn't work that way either. Can anyone try this and let me know if it works for them. Thanks

try...

ifexist,%allusersprofile%\\Application Data\\Spybot - Search & Destroy, goto, Copy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you very much. That did it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0